• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I get fit by doing nothing else but burpees?

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good job. All it takes is some discipline at the dining table and some discipling with the physical fitness stuff. This isn't rocket science. You'll find that with time, you'll be able to enjoy the foods that you like - you don't need to live like a monk. You just need to practice moderation and make sure you are not vegging out in your spare time.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good job dave man. This thread should be stickied for all the marsupial newbs: Calories in vs. calories out. Not hard.

I think 1k calories a day is pretty crazy, but if it works for you more power to ya! Take this opportunity to develop a good, healthy cooking repetoire. It will save you cash, give you a skill to impress the ladies with and keep your hidden calorie content in check.

Just keep it up. The last 5 lbs are always the hardest.

BP348

Reaction score
You work at a steakhouse and you can't get one of the cooks to make you a steak without all the crap one it?

I also agree with everyone else, use the gym honestly no one there gives a **** what you look like or how much you're lifting.

Good job on loosing the 10 pounds. It's not easy, I know I'm trying to loose weight myself.

You can check this out;

http://health-fitness-solutions.blog...-exercise.html

yvypuyguuhj

Reaction score
Yes, absolutely. But it will take resolve. You will need to push yourself to the point that it hurts, and then push way past that. I have done it- to lose weight, start out working out hard 2x per week. Work until you cannot breath/feel like vomiting (most people will need to build up to this). Then build up to 4 times per week. By the time you can do burpees (or sprints, or running up steps, does not matter so long as the exercise is tought, anaerobic, and your effort is 100% of your max) for intervals of one minute of work with 20-30 seconds off for 8-10 minutes, your body will be a fat burning machine. I lost nearly 100 pounds just by jumping rope for 5 minutes straight (as absolutely hard as I could) then immediatly running wind sprints for 5 minutes using a pattern of sprint 40 yards, walk 40, sprint 60, walk 60, sprint 80, walk 80, then start at 40 again until the 5 minutes was up. I built up to this, of course.

This type of workout is very difficult, but you would lose more weight than if you ran for an hour everyday. (although running is good for weight loss as well). The difference is that cardio is meant to burn calories to help to create a calorie defecit, while hard anaerobic training raises your metabolism to accomplish the same thing (and IMO does it better)

To those who have commented that this type of training is lazy, nothing could be further from the truth. I would find it much easier to run at a moderate pace for an hour than to do 6 minutes of sprints. Not to pick on joggers, of course, if you enjoy that, great. But I actually think it is easier in a certain sense than hard anaerobic workouts.

brendabogle

Reaction score
I sugest you join a gym and start workout under supervision of any fitness experts. This way you can effectively and efficiently improve your health as well as lose your weight to a great extent.

Onetwobit

Reaction score
I would like to point out the obvious...but...3 years ago.

I wonder where he is at now.

Last edited:

Patrick Wise

Reaction score
I know this thread is 4 years old but if anybody is still reading it, as I am since it came up on a Google search, I would like to add something. Burpees are fantastic, full body workouts but hard as hell to do for prolonged periods of time. One way to help with that is to do what's called Interval Training. You can even get interval timers for your iPod or smart phone that are free. Set it for 30 seconds of working out and 1 minute of rest. Aim for a 30 minute workout but 15 is better than none and workout either every day or every other day. If you need a good solid routine, a 15 minute interval workout using burpees and doing that every day is hard to beat for overall fitness.
And this is all assuming you are eating an overall healthy diet, mostly containing plants with a small amount of meat to taste. Ideal health shows that on a 2000 calorie diet, if only 100 calories come from meat then you are doing great. For great diet info check out Forks Over Knives documentary on Netflix or elsewhere.
And to any haters of vegetarianism don't give me any crap about protein. As an essential building block of life, protein is literally in everything we eat and there is no medical term for protein deficiency aside from starvation!
Hope that any of this is helpful and all the best

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know this thread is 4 years old but if anybody is still reading it, as I am since it came up on a Google search, I would like to add something. Burpees are fantastic, full body workouts but hard as hell to do for prolonged periods of time. One way to help with that is to do what's called Interval Training. You can even get interval timers for your iPod or smart phone that are free. Set it for 30 seconds of working out and 1 minute of rest. Aim for a 30 minute workout but 15 is better than none and workout either every day or every other day. If you need a good solid routine, a 15 minute interval workout using burpees and doing that every day is hard to beat for overall fitness.
And this is all assuming you are eating an overall healthy diet, mostly containing plants with a small amount of meat to taste. Ideal health shows that on a 2000 calorie diet, if only 100 calories come from meat then you are doing great. For great diet info check out Forks Over Knives documentary on Netflix or elsewhere. 
And to any haters of vegetarianism don't give me any crap about protein. As an essential building block of life, protein is literally in everything we eat and there is no medical term for protein deficiency aside from starvation!
Hope that any of this is helpful and all the best

******* lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads