• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Can I get a fit check on this suit supply suit?

Mat4949

Reaction score
It feels good, but I'm not sure if the chest is a little too tight as it bunches a bit when I raise my arms and the sleeves might not be long enough. Thanks.

Last edited:

HanEyeAm

Reaction score
It feels good, but I'm not sure if the chest is a little too tight as it bunches a bit when I raise my arms and the sleeves might not be long enough. Thanks.

Bad link

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket looks too short and I agree that it's too tight in the body. The buttoning point is very high. The sleeves are short but that's not the most important issue with the jacket. Going up a size would help with all of these issues but I'm not sure that buttoning point will be low enough. What model is this? Not super familiar with SuitSupply but I don't remember seeing a model with hacking/slanted pockets.

Mat4949

Reaction score
This should work -
Jacket looks too short and I agree that it's too tight in the body. The buttoning point is very high. The sleeves are short but that's not the most important issue with the jacket. Going up a size would help with all of these issues but I'm not sure that buttoning point will be low enough. What model is this? Not super familiar with SuitSupply but I don't remember seeing a model with hacking/slanted pockets.
It's their Blue line. Thanks for the feedback. This was a 38s, I think I'll try a 40s which should solve all these issues with some tailoring.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
40S should fit better. I would pay close attention to the buttoning point as that can't be altered. Actually 40R might be even better but then sleeves could be too long (and with working buttonholes there may not be enough room to shorten at the cuff). Maybe also try a different model or two if you're able to visit a physical store.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 59 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 114 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 104 30.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.5%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%