1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Can bicep area of sleeve be widen slightly?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DonnyLee, Jun 3, 2016.

1. DonnyLee

DonnyLee Active Member

Hi Styleforum,

I'm seeking quick advice on tailoring. I found this suit at a discount and the overall fit is very good. Shoulders and length checked. The only problem is that I workout my arms quite regularly and I wish the bicep area of the sleeve has slightly more room.

I can definitely put my arms through with the sleeves. The issue comes when I bend my arms, the fabric at the bicep gets very taut. Relatedly, this may or may not lead to more creasing.

Can an experience tailor widen the bicep around by about 3/4" inches? I imagine he'll unstitch the sleeve, widen the circumference of the sleeve hole by 3/4", widen the bicep area by 3/4" to match the sleeve hole, then reattach the sleeve. Am I able to check for excess fabric at the sleeve?

Sincerely Yours,
    Donny

2. jefferyd

jefferyd Senior member Dubiously Honored

The only RTW maker of which I am aware who leaves an outlet in the sleeve is Oxxford. Otherwise the most you could hope to get is 1/2" and that would might be risky depending on the type of cloth.