• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

can anyone post some pics of berluti's with jeans

masterpp

Reaction score
can any one take a photo and post some pics of what there berluti's look like when worn with jeans.

considering investing, but want to see if they look good worn casual

cheers

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How's that:

medium_berluti_club.jpg

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
How's that:

medium_berluti_club.jpg

"Now, just... don't... move. Whatever you do, don't bend your toes."

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
"Now, just... don't... move. Whatever you do, don't bend your toes."

laugh.gif

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoes are beautiful.

The high-water jeans.. notsomuch.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
now how about one from the back. oooh yes. thats it.

darck

Reaction score
How do these shoes look after walking a few steps? I have only seen Berluti photos where the shoes appear to be extremely recently polished and never really worn. It would be very interesting to see how they look after a few months/days/hours/minutes/seconds of wear.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darck
How do these shoes look after walking a few steps? I have only seen Berluti photos where the shoes appear to be extremely recently polished and never really worn. It would be very interesting to see how they look after a few months/days/hours/minutes/seconds of wear.

From what I hear they crease up VERY easily.

Possibly from the leather that they use, or the tanning process. Though both of those traits are signature of Berluti.

darck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
From what I hear they crease up VERY easily.
That's what I've heard too, but since creases in a shoe often can look quite nice (IMHO) maybe they will look good anyway?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I've heard too, but since creases in a shoe often can look quite nice (IMHO) maybe they will look good anyway?

Yeah, I don't mind a few creases in a shoe. It shows that you've worn them lovingly, and walked a bit in them, and that you don't treat them simply as precious museum/display objects.

darck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
Yeah, I don't mind a few creases in a shoe. It shows that you've worn them lovingly, and walked a bit in them, and that you don't treat them simply as precious museum/display objects.
My feelings exactly!

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Then there are those on this board who treat them as both...
tongue.gif

dennisdomino

Reaction score

I have a couple of pairs of Berluti's and to my delight they really haven't creased anymore than other pairs of shoes I own. I thought they would as the leather is so soft, but I keep trees in them (as I know all of the good shoe owners do on this board) and they look new after several years. I do take them to Shoe Service Plus on 55th Street for regular polishing, but I do that with all my shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads