• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Can anyone please identify this vintage AE shoe/last?

ArsenalDan

Reaction score

Looks like a Strand to my very untrained eye, but the current model's design of perforation on the toe is different, and the current strand does not have perforations on the top edge of the tongue.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

DurrDog

Reaction score
Believe that is the Sanford on the 7-last, which A-E has reintroduced this year.

BBC

Reaction score
^^ Correct, Sanford on the 7-last

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Thanks, guys.

If I am a 10D on the 5 last, am I a 10D on the 7 last? Or is this too person-specific to make generalizations?

I'm sure that's something of a n00b question, so any helpful links would be great.

....I may just go up to the Madison Ave AE store and try on all of the lasts?...

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
I do feel bad taking that option since I do not intend on buying anything there (or really anything for full retail or even close to it, anywhere, since I have months to amass my work shoe collection). Seems like a decent amount of work for an SA that will not get anything out of me.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.