• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can anyone identify this coat?

lawschooldropout

Reaction score
I've done my best with Google to no avail, so its time to turn to the Styleforum experts. Thanks in advance!

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like Nom de Guerre. The brand closed down after Fall 2010.

Yours shows a slightly different collar latch and pocket flaps from the easily available NdG pics, so might be a different season -- it looks awfully similar if it's someone else ripping them off.

pOPnS59.jpg
elhiudI.jpg

I3yqhlZ.jpg

Last edited:

lawschooldropout

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the quick reply. You seem to be spot on with your ID (unless its a major design rip-off and not just a different season collar/latch)! I'm sad to hear the brand closed down--I suspect tracking one of these down will be near impossible.

If you know of any similarly styled jackets I'd love to know of them. Thanks again for the help.

ennui

Reaction score

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. You seem to be spot on with your ID (unless its a major design rip-off and not just a different season collar/latch)! I'm sad to hear the brand closed down--I suspect tracking one of these down will be near impossible.

If you know of any similarly styled jackets I'd love to know of them. Thanks again for the help.

There are some still out there, though probably none NWT ... I have one in a size S for instance.

There are other fireman's type jackets out there as well, though probably none quite as nice.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, google for "fireman's jacket."
J crew made a similar one a few years back, albiet without the throat latch detail.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads