• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can anyone explain why the Square Toe shoe is still being worn?

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
I was informed that the square toe shoe, casual or dress, is a no no. But I see friends of mine wear them all the time and I see people on the street with them. ALDO's shoes seem like 3/4 square or pointed square and even though I no longer buy dept. store brand shoes, most of the ones I see are square toe.
eh.gif

Doc4

Reaction score
An avalanche is a bad thing ... but did you ever try to stop one? Or talk the snow out of taking part?

tlmusic

Reaction score
^Because companies made tons of them, and they are still trying to sell the old stock. Also companies maybe have not wanted to retool their factories, or pay for redesigning their shoe line.

FWIW I have noticed that ECCO has started to make more round toe shoes again.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ProfessorShak
ALDO's shoes seem like 3/4 square or pointed square and even though I no longer buy dept. store brand shoes, most of the ones I see are square toe.
eh.gif

No kidding! ALDO's square-toes are the ugiest I have ever seen!

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because the average guy thinks of them as comfortable. Beyond that, just look at the crap that men wear and think looks good.

tlmusic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TCN
Because the average guy thinks of them as comfortable. Beyond that, just look at the crap that men wear and think looks good.
This makes me wonder why anyone would think square toed shoes would be more comfortable.
confused.gif
When I last looked, my feet were not square at the end.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
because fashion goes in and out of style. ever think about why the classic witch-nose pointy toe shoes in the 1600s are not being worn anymore today?

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
because fashion goes in and out of style. ever think about why the classic witch-nose pointy toe shoes in the 1600s are not being worn anymore today?

but i'm not sure square ever was really "in".

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a mixture of square and round toes, I don't know why so many SF members hate them. You haters h8 all you want, more square toes for moi.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because they are "loud" and to the layman, loud=expensive looking=more girls

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tlmusic
This makes me wonder why anyone would think square toed shoes would be more comfortable.
confused.gif
When I last looked, my feet were not square at the end.

true, but with a round toe shoe, it is more possible that it may be too tight on that last toe. More toe room = more comfort when you are buying cheap shoes.

maufic

Reaction score
Maybe because people like them, regardless of what people on SF think.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Because girls still ******** with guys who wear square toed shoes.

danyllau

Reaction score
I have one pair and I think they are nice. But then that's my only pair of square toe lol.

SFN3716_mn.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads