• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can Any Land Animal Beat a Grizzly Bear in a Fight?

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Grizzly: up to 1500lb for very large male, can run up to 30mph, and has massive jaws and claws, not to mention an extremely thick hide with a monstrous neck. Able to stand on its legs, it can be 10ft tall. Also, "Since 1895, there have been 15 reported cases of Moose decapitation by Grizzly, and most scientists theorize it is a natural, albeit somewhat rare, event."

So with that said, is there any animal that can take on and beat the Grizzly?

No spiders, insects, poisonous frogs, sharks, etc

61b16d6f9b17fe3eebe9f3c62d96ece6c9165a1c_r.png

Last edited:

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I could if I had a big shotgun and some bullets.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polar bear, male African elephant

aizan

Reaction score
i'd imagine that a mountain gorilla, elephant, rhino, hippo, or crocodile could do it.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hippopotamuses.

Aren't they like aggressive as hell killers, or is that just another myth?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hippopotamuses.

Indeed they are, and they kill more people in Africa than any other animal.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how about a walrus? or is that a water animal. maybe they are to slow. but supposedly (acc to an adam sandler movie) have the hugest pen0rs. so maybe they are also strong.

i agree with aizan that a gorilla or rhino would have a fighting chance.

Last edited:

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hippopotamuses.

I don't know about that. Hippos aren't predators, they just stand their ground extremely well:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I think the Grizzly vs the adult male hippo would be an interesting one, because the Grizzly is much more agile, and could certainly land quite a few blows to the head of the hippo without being in any serious danger

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A gorilla? Really? I don't think that would be close at all. Rhino would certainly be something to fear from the grizzly's perspective, because of the massive weight and deathly charge. Another one I thought would contend is a large bull (american steer) which can easily weigh between 2000 to 2500lbs, with a fierce and vicious set of horns at his disposal.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that video is amazing.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A gorilla? Really? I don't think that would be close at all. Rhino would certainly be something to fear from the grizzly's perspective, because of the massive weight and deathly charge. Another one I thought would contend is a large bull (american steer) which can easily weigh between 2000 to 2500lbs, with a fierce and vicious set of horns at his disposal.

How about a Cape Buffalo? Those guys are born to raise hell.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i was wondering about the bull also, but wasnt sure about the size comparison.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads