• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camper shoes

tyates

Reaction score
Any thoughts on Camper shoes? I've owned a few in the past and liked them at first, but I grew tired of their style after a year or so. Some of the recent styles have a unique look but I wonder if they are over priced.

Any other Spanish shoe brands worth considering?

1396-553162-d.jpg

4998-329797-d-1.jpg

hammerhill

Reaction score
Camper shoes are W I D E and overpriced. I've got a friend with wide feet and bad taste who swears they're the most comfortabe shoes he's ever owned, though.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Larry David approved. I like some of their boots though.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think 99 percent of them are not that great looking but they are probably some of the most comfortable shoes ever made!

beano

Reaction score
I had a pair of the early pelota shoe. I agree that they were hella comfortable and I liked the look. But I haven't liked any of their other shoes.

Reaction score
^ amen. i have ooold pelotas that i can't get rid of despite their recent dormancy. i put them on as i debate whether or not to bin them and their comfort keeps them in my closet. they are nice and beat up, but the thick soles have decades left in them.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the thin soled pelotas the best...

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Whoah, these are still around? I wore them back in college (7+ years ago!). Mine were the classic brown leather ones. Are they still made in Spain?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think 2000 was the year of the Camper. I never lived these down with my parents. My dad recently bought new bowling shoes (uh, to bowl in) and said "Hey, I think you'll like them, they look like those shoes you have!"

plain.gif

I remember thinking they were REALLY expensive at the time--what, $120? Actually, that is kind of expensive.

tyates

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782

I remember thinking they were REALLY expensive at the time--what, $120? Actually, that is kind of expensive.

Well, most of them now are around the $180 range on the low end.

bcx

Reaction score
I've been looking for these Campers but nothing even close to it when I visited the SoHo store last month.
camperrq2.jpg

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tyates
Well, most of them now are around the $180 range on the low end.

I was in the store the other day, the majority were less than 180...

entropy kid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Are they still made in Spain?

Don't necessarily quote me on this, but the last pair I bought were made in Morocco (which is only a couple of miles away from spain...).
I still wear a pair of the once in a while when I know I'll be on my feet all day long. Can't stand the sight of the classic Pelotas anmore, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads