• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camo Trousers

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hay, I bought these camo trousers from an army surplus store, a few days ago. They are a cm to an inch too long (they're a little baggy, too)—I guess rolling them up/living with it is my only option? I am not paying for them to be hemmed! They are 65% polyester/35% cotton—I know, tell me about it! Anyway, do you think this works? Please ignore the pleats (also, my total anti-smile)—haven't ironed them yet! Thanks!
P1010543.JPG

Crooow

Reaction score
Shame those are about a cm too long. Really throws the entire look out of balance.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Hay, I bought these camo trousers from an army surplus store, a few days ago. They are a cm to an inch too long (they're a little baggy, too)—I guess rolling them up/living with it is my only option? I am not paying for them to be hemmed! They are 65% polyester/35% cotton—I know, tell me about it! Anyway, do you think this works? Please ignore the pleats (also, my total anti-smile)—haven't ironed them yet! Thanks!
P1010543.JPG

the design on the pants is bit busy ... but i like them.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
the design on the pants is bit busy ... but i like them.
Thanks! I know, in America, Camo has become a bit of a trend or, at least, is just dying out. In the U.K., our last camo trend was in the 90's (oh, America, you're so far behind!
rolleyes.gif
)! I like this print—for army surplus, it's pretty nice! I considered a flek but it was too dark, for navy shoes/anything! At least, the beige works with the navy.
Originally Posted by Crooow
Shame those are about a cm too long. Really throws the entire look out of balance.
Oh, har har! I hate it though when you get trousers that are too short to hem but still make a funny break!

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
20110415_UrbanAestheticsCamo_003.jpg
teacha.gif
teacha.gif
teacha.gif

I quite like that outfit, but he looks a little douche-baggy/urban. Trouser could be tighter/shorter, shoes are average and hair is douche-y, imo! Great jacket and bow-tie, though!

lostintranslation

Reaction score
I quite like that outfit, but he looks a little douche-baggy/urban. Trouser could be tighter/shorter, shoes are average and hair is douche-y, imo! Great jacket and bow-tie, though!
lol, that's because that urbanaesthetics guy is a douche. The bow-tie looks awful.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lostintranslation
lol, that's because that urbanaesthetics guy is a douche. The bow-tie looks awful.
Well it is black against blue. Like it with the outfit, though. Would work better with a light blue gingham or tartan, imo!

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The German army's digicam's awesome, if you can get your hands on some. Had a joint military exercise with them last spring.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drmmr
The German army's digicam's awesome, if you can get your hands on some. Had a joint military exercise with them last spring.

Oh cool, what did you do? I did some SAS training, once"”******* hard!

Also, since this is a bit of a dead-end thread, what do you guys think of camo? If you have any pics"”please upload!

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mark McNairy made some fly ones—coincidently the shoes, in the pic, are his!

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
marc jacobs has some digi 'city print' camo (weird building outlines, hands, shapes, etc) that is pretty cool. I am banned from wearing that kind of stuff from the wife, though, which is understandable given her current career.

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh cool, what did you do? I did some SAS training, once"”******* hard!

Also, since this is a bit of a dead-end thread, what do you guys think of camo? If you have any pics"”please upload!

Damn, SAS. Nothing tough, was a tankie. Leopard tanks.

Camo's always awesome when done well.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camouflage_On_Men-3.jpg
Love that blazer—where can you find one? Think the tie may be too much, but works with the pink. Hate it when people put tie bars too high! :/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads