Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Camo hats and when are they a good time to wear?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by IM3rd, Apr 28, 2016.

1. IM3rd

IM3rd New Member

So I'm brand new to this forum (literally googled "mens style forum...")... So have mercy on me please.

I'm pretty aware of the current men's styles (i'm 16) and a camo hat was recently given to me. When is it a good idea to wear a hat such as this? Just like in general. In my own personal opinion, I find camo hats stupid on people. But heck, why not try it?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

When you are hunting?

tbh, they are popular this season, for some reason, so you might want to try now, but be aware that you could look either like a hunter, or very dated, fairly soon.

3. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Distinguished Member

I suppose if you were in a situation where you wished to conceal or obscure your presence, wearing camouflage - pants, shirt, smock, jacket, hat, whatever - might make sense.

You know, like if you were a wildlife photographer stalking dangerous or easily spooked game in the wild. Or if you were engaged in some sort of military exercise where you didn't want your position to be easily determined. Or situation like that.

But I confess I have no particular expertise when it comes to the donning of camo gear. I'm just speaking from a common sense perspective.

I suppose it's possible that it's currently the height of teen fashion to wear camo gear to school or for a trip to the mall. As you're 16, and indicate that you're aware of men's styles, I'll have to defer to your opinion in this matter. Sure, wearing camo gear in such situations strikes me as silly, but no sillier than, say, paying a price premium for pre-ripped jeans, or sagging, or any number of other fashion-related behaviors which I know are/have been popular with some people.

4. Alpha11

Alpha11 Senior Member

Only time I had camo head gear was when I was in the Army or when I was hunting. However, each camo print was for the AO I was in and see no reason to wear camo unless you are in the military or hunting. BTW I hated the Army's ACU and wished they stayed with the BDU( woodland)