Camel Hair Sports Coat Weather? What to wear with it?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BBdude, Apr 1, 2010.

1. BBdude

BBdude Well-Known Member

Picked up a Tan Camel Hair Sports Coat over the winter and now is the time I can finally wear it.

What would you think goes with it? Today I wore it with dark brown pants and a white shirt with some brown/red in it.

I'm guessing I could also pair it with navy/grey pants? I'm really unclear what color shirts would be appropriate with a tan camel hair and navy/grey pants combination?

Any thoughts?

2. Matt S

Matt S Senior member

What is the season for camel hair? When should I take it out and when should I put it away?

3. wsblend

wsblend Well-Known Member

just IMO..

camel hair = beige which is an earth tone; grey is, IMO, a metallic. The two don't go well together. Beige + navy or other earth tones is better.

4. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Tan and dark gray look great together, in my book. Blue shirts, either solids or patterns, work well. It's a pretty versatile sportcoat.

I wear my camel hair in fall and winter and the cooler days of early spring.

5. BBdude

BBdude Well-Known Member

Tan and dark gray look great together, in my book. Blue shirts, either solids or patterns, work well. It's a pretty versatile sportcoat.

So you'd wear Navy pants w/ Beige Camel Hair Sportscoat and a blue shirt? I personally think the Beige Camel Hair Sportscoat goes best with Black, Navy, Dark Brown pants ... couple with light blue, whites ... and is that it? I guess most of my shirts are white and blue anyway [​IMG]

6. randob300

randob300 Senior member

^ what he said. I find that camel hair is rather warm and I just stored mine until fall rolls around.

7. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

This. And light gray as well.