1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Calvin Klein's collections

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Mar 19, 2004.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

Hello,

What is the ranking for the top lines of Calvin Klein? I believe that there is Calvin Klein Collection, and also Black Label. Are there any others?

I haven't bought Klein for some time so what are the pricing for shirts, pants, jackets for these two collections? Thank you.

2. MikeF

MikeF Senior Member

I can't speak to pricing, but you're correct about the hierarchy. In mens' wear, it seems to go thus:

Calvin Klein (Black Label)
    Calvin Klein Collection
    cK Calvin Klein
    cK Jeans

I wouldn't touch either of the last two (though I understand that cK Calvin Klein is a Gruppo GFT license, which means it's probably wearable, at least). Calvin Klein Collection stuff seems quite nice, if you like the look, but is extremely expensive - a few seasons back, they had cotton golf shirts for US$450.

Calvin Klein Black Label garments are lovely but difficult to come by - I suspect they're only sold in Calvin Klein boutiques? I have a grey, very narrow-lapel two-button number that I bought in New York that I always get compliments on - but I can't even figure out who makes it. (Not Zegna, before anyone suggests it.)

3. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Distinguished Member

4. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

The newish Calvin Klein white label is actually pretty decent - a bit minimalist, and wearable, especially given the price (and it's ability to be had on sale very often).