• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calvin Klein

BostonRussell

Reaction score
For me Calvin Klein was one of the typical names I associated with "nice clothing" growing up but always seemed to adult when I was a teenager. Now I'm looking at their website and everything costs about half as much as I expected. Basicaly it turns out I knew nothing about the brand. I'm liking everything from their sweaters to their suits.

What are the board's thoughts? Their merchandise appears to fit relatively slim and the prices are reasonable. I imagine it would be a construction step up from most mall brands.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of CK. Their suits and shirts are crap IMO.

All made in china, all very dull and even at a discount they are overpriced. What price point are you looking at? Are you looking for dress shirts/suits or sweaters?

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander
I am not a fan of CK. Their suits and shirts are crap IMO. All made in china, all very dull and even at a discount they are overpriced. What price point are you looking at? Are you looking for dress shirts/suits or sweaters?
I agree. I bought 2 CK dress shirts on a pretty steep clearance at $15 or so. They're the "Slim fit" which means they're just slightly less tent-like. The fabric is pretty much crap. I just wear them when I go out and I know people are going to spill drinks all over the place so I don't care about it too much. Will likely never buy anything CK again.

Reaction score
I see CK as a good intro brand. Their shirts and ties are nothing special but I really like some of their pants, particularly the slimmer fitting stuff.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you like it, it fits you fine and it's in your price range...I say don't worry about the name on the label.

BostonRussell

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'd just wandered onto their website and was suprised by how cheap it was (Moleskin blazer for 150$, 400$ suits on sale etc.) and was wondering if the quality were good enough to go seeking a retailer out.

level32

Reaction score
You can do much much better at $400. Search the boards/B&S.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BostonRussell
Thanks for the advice. I'd just wandered onto their website and was suprised by how cheap it was (Moleskin blazer for 150$, 400$ suits on sale etc.) and was wondering if the quality were good enough to go seeking a retailer out.
If you're going to spend $400 on a suit, you should look into Thick as Thieves (TaT). They're forum regulars and from what I've seen and heard, make a very nice suit which is made to your exact measurements. I believe their starting price is around $450 or so for a 2 piece suit (much higher quality than the CK). If Get Smart sees this thread I'm sure he can chime in with more specifics. Also see this thread for more info, pictures, comments, etc about TaT: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=27754

BostonRussell

Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea MTM could be so affordable. Why in God's name would I even bother with off the rack lol?

dinted voice

Reaction score
Exactly. Try TaT. I have one suit and am about to order my second. Really good quality for the price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads