• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calvin Klein "Grey Label" (remarkably good!)

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently I was in Melbourne, where I found a new Calvin Klein store that looked quite upmarket compared to the old cK Jeans shop nearby.

I approached with caution, but was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the fabrics and tasteful minimalism of the styling. Somewhat reminiscent of, eg, Jil Sander or Prada, or indeed the main Calvin Klein Collection runway stuff. Pricepoints were fairly tame $800-900 for a suit, about $150-200 for a shirt, <$100 for a tie.

Not everyone's cup of tea, I'm sure, but I liked it enough to pick up a shirt (white, slim fitting, smallish collar, covered placket done like Dior with no visible stitching), and two sweaters (deep v-neck, solid collar and cuffs with a speckled body, one in charcoal and black, another in dove and medium grey, kinda haute-preppy).

Other goods of note were a heavyish raincoat (too warm for my climate) and pima cotton polos with short buttonless plackets and no logos or branding whatsoever. In fact, speaking of which, apart from a couple of tshirts, branding was conspicuously absent.

Their suits were okay but not amazing, semi-fused (I think) with very soft fabrics, but their regular fit was a bit long and loose, and their modern fit was too high and tight.

There were also shoes and bags that I didn't look real close at, and a women's line.

I was wondering, is anyone else familiar with the new line? Wikipedia tells me that it's a bridge line to the Collection stuff, and the store staff said similar things. The website is still work in progress. Apparently Melbourne is the only shop in Oz, but God willing, Myer or DJs will pick in up in place of the gauche cK Jeans line they both presently carry.

maca

Reaction score
Whereabouts is this place in melb, i must know
smile.gif

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Melbourne Central, upstairs. Quite a nice fitout too, not John Pawson, but not bad...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads