• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calling All Pinball Wizards - List your favorites

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently downloaded the Android app Arcade Pinball and gotta say I'm pretty impressed with the painstaking attention to detail and the fact that they picked some pretty good tables (especially Medieval Madness - one of my all time favs).

What's more though, I had briefly forgotten how much I absolutely love pinball. Growing up in the 80's and 90's, while everybody was busy with Street Fighter II and the like, pinball was my game of choice, before and during the sad decline of the neighborhood arcade. In my opinion, nothing was more satisfying than the sound and feel of a pinball machine; I guess out of all the games in an arcade, it just felt the most real.

So what are some of your favorite pinball titles and if there's any owners here on SF, what tables do you currently have and what's on your wish list? I don't own any yet due to the lack of finances and space, but I'd really like to own two or three particular tables.

Nananine

Reaction score
Theatre of Magic is my absolute favorite. Circus Voltaire is second, Arabian Nights comes third. Corvette is solid, NASCAR is surprisingly great.

Oldschool ones I like: all the Pinbot related ones (Bride of Pinbot, Pinbot Adventures) and Funhouse

If they have them, good movie/TV licensed ones are Twister and Popeye and any of the Batmans. South Park, The Sopranos, The Shadow and Demolition Man are pretty interesting as well.

Last edited:

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mentioned two of my favorites to in Theatre of Magic and Bride of Pinbot.

That Arcade Pinball app I mentioned earlier has Theatre of Magic, Arabian Nights and Bride of Pinbot if you're interested.

I'm hoping they'll either do Twilight Zone or Addams Family next. That or Lord of the Rings.

Man I need a table but don't feel like dropping the $6,000+ on a table in good condition.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score

You mentioned two of my favorites to in Theatre of Magic and Bride of Pinbot.
That Arcade Pinball app I mentioned earlier has Theatre of Magic, Arabian Nights and Bride of Pinbot if you're interested.
I'm hoping they'll either do Twilight Zone or Addams Family next. That or Lord of the Rings.
Man I need a table but don't feel like dropping the $6,000+ on a table in good condition.

There was an Addams Family table in the student center where I went to prep school (large boarding school close to 20 yrs ago) and I would love to have this just for nostalgia. I can't even say I like pinball but the sounds alone would bring me back to another time.

Last edited:

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stargate had to be one of the best pinball games I've ever played!!

Nananine

Reaction score

There was an Addams Family table in the student center where I went to prep school (large boarding school close to 20 yrs ago) and I would love to have this just for nostalgia. I can't even say I like pinball but the sounds alone would bring me back to another time.

Addams Family is an excellent table. Interesting upper center ramps, with a good obstacle split.

Stargate had to be one of the best pinball games I've ever played!!

Pinballz in Austin (best arcade in existence.. 100+ pinball machines and classic arcade games) has Stargate, I'll give it a go next time.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I miss pinball. You can't emulate the experience of playing a real pinball machine like you can old video games. It's sad that the industry for them is all but dead. I would like to collect a couple to keep in my garage once I own a house.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I really liked the Terminator2 table. I played that a ton, back in college.

Wonder what they go for these days....

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember a Pac Man game that was half pinball machine and half cabinet arcade game?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Nananine

Reaction score

I bet upkeep would be a *****. Have to find someone local who could actually work on it.

There are some guides for specific machine upkeep. Plus I think there's online sites to get basic parts for machines such as flipper rubbers.

Pinballz sells their Theater of Magic for like 6,500 or so and they've since sold two machines. Medieval Madness is like 10,000.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics