Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jmillz15, Oct 13, 2009.

1. CyanideDragon

CyanideDragon Well-Known Member

Anyone know if there is a discount code like the 20% off like last month?

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Should you apply obenauf's and then sno seal? Or just one or the other?

3. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Senior member

I wore my boots today with jeans with a 7.25" opening....probably won't do it again, it just looks strange with that small of an opening. My '47's with an 8" opening look much better, IMO.

4. giaour

giaour Active Member

Noob question here but can anyone confirm whether or not ordering the EE width will look weird on someone who is normally D? They're all out of the latter and I'm wondering if since it's a work boot type look it might not matter...I wear size 11. Thanks!

5. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

[​IMG]

Not a very good picture, but whatevs. If anyone is interested I can try to get a better one sometime. This is after two coats of Obenauf's and one coat of Kiwi black.

6. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Not a very good picture, but whatevs. If anyone is interested I can try to get a better one sometime. This is after two coats of Obenauf's and one coat of Kiwi black.[/I]

Thanks for the pic. I like it. I've experimented with black polish on brown shoes to try and get a bit of an antiqued look. It never worked well. Perhaps with the more porous nature of work boot leather, it absorbs the black more. It seems to have at least.

Thanks for the attempt. Feel free to post more images. I'd love to see how they turn out in the future.

7. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Agreed. Looking good, Jekyll. I'd like to see how that wears with time.

8. wanger

wanger Member

I've had these boots for a good month or so now, and it appears that the stitching at the bottom of the lacing is starting to come loose. It's just the ends that are coming out one or two stitches but it is kind of bothering me. Is this something I need to be worried about, or is this something you guys are getting too? Btw jekyll those look great!

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

These boots come in black?

10. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

Just picked up a pair last week. Great quality / looks as expected. Collar starting to break in.

Added a pair of quality Sofsole insoles to my Engineers, replacing the cheap, thin one they came with. So much better, but hate having to spend the extra $25

11. scourage

scourage Senior member

Noob question here but can anyone confirm whether or not ordering the EE width will look weird on someone who is normally D? They're all out of the latter and I'm wondering if since it's a work boot type look it might not matter...I wear size 11. Thanks!

I think its more of a question of comfort. If your foot is sliding side to side thats not good. I have the 12 EE and they measure a touch under 5" under the soles at their widest. This is perfect for me. They are definately a bit wide but not extremely so. If your foot is slightly on the wide side they should be fine. Def not for a narrow foot though.

12. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

Hesitant to darken these engineers with any conditioners...
    [​IMG]

13. Lane

Lane Senior member

you should ask softy

14. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

[​IMG]

Not a very good picture, but whatevs. If anyone is interested I can try to get a better one sometime. This is after two coats of Obenauf's and one coat of Kiwi black.

Definitely interested in some more pics. My Obenauf's for the first treatment should be here early this week and I'm thinking about emulating you.

15. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

I wear these boots often in the snow. I wear them only for shit weather in fall and winter.

The Obenauf's wears off and they go back to looking unconditioned. I would not sweat the question of Obenauf's or not. Do it or don't do it. I like the water resistance because of this way that I wear them.