Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jmillz15, Oct 13, 2009.

1. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Soo I am still undecided about the katahdins vs. the Chippewa GQ boots. Thoughts? It's pretty much the toecap and color, I think..Also not sure if GQ is goodyear welted, since it doesn't say on Zappos...

Toecap looks better hands down.Plus remember that the boots are guaranteed by LL Bean!

2. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

As we speak, I'm applying Obenauf Lp but, does anyone know if I buy Obenauf oil, will it have an added effect, specifically making the boots softer? Or would it just be a waste of money?

3. joshuakarjala

joshuakarjala Member

I just got a black pair of Addison 1000-mile. They are gorgeous. But I don't think I would dare wear them somewhere they could get scruffed up.

Want to get the LL Beans' for heavy wear in the woods and dirt.

I fit the wolverines perfectly with a 12D - what should I go for with the Katahdins?

4. illumin8em

illumin8em Senior member

I just got a black pair of Addison 1000-mile. They are gorgeous. But I don't think I would dare wear them somewhere they could get scruffed up. Want to get the LL Beans' for heavy wear in the woods and dirt. I fit the wolverines perfectly with a 12D - what should I go for with the Katahdins?
    size 12D. you should send me some photos of your new black addisons to help convince me to get a pair. please

5. joshuakarjala

joshuakarjala Member

size 12D. you should send me some photos of your new black addisons to help convince me to get a pair. please
    Thanks - will get some snaps up soon - but I have only worn them for half a day.

6. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

I'm a 10.5/11 in Vans Authentics... What size should I get for these boots?

7. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

oh fuck canadian brothers, I just realized I will get charged brokerage fee when they deliver it to me in in Univeristy residence...... LLbean said all charges are paid for, but I dunno if they meant the brokerage too

because last time i ordered a $20 item from the us i got raped with $60 brokerage fee from UPS when it arrived at my door

8. G0079

G0079 Senior member

oh fuck canadian brothers, I just realized I will get charged brokerage fee when they deliver it to me in in Univeristy residence...... LLbean said all charges are paid for, but I dunno if they meant the brokerage too

because last time i ordered a $20 item from the us i got raped with $60 brokerage fee from UPS when it arrived at my door

Yeah, UPS sucks balls but I didn't get charged anything besides the online pre-paid brokerage for my Beans.

9. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

Yeah, UPS sucks balls but I didn't get charged anything besides the online pre-paid brokerage for my Beans.

really? I only got charged $16 in the duty/taxes section, great news for me, yeah i called them to make sure there was no customs before i ordered alst thursday, but just now i remembered it was brokerage that really fucked me over last time

10. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I received my Katahdins from UPS yesterday. When I picked up the box, it was so much lighter than what I was expecting that I thought maybe they actually forgot to put a boot in there! After putting them on though, these things are awesome. I may not put on anything else on my feet until summer rolls around. They are comfortable right out of the box which is a big plus over 75% of the work boots on the market!

11. asdf

asdf Senior member

I received my Katahdins from UPS yesterday. When I picked up the box, it was so much lighter than what I was expecting that I thought maybe they actually forgot to put a boot in there! After putting them on though, these things are awesome. I may not put on anything else on my feet until summer rolls around. They are comfortable right out of the box which is a big plus over 75% of the work boots on the market!

Trust me, your upper ankle area will hurt for a week or so.

12. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Trust me, your upper ankle area will hurt for a week or so.
    Luckily(?) I went through six-years of wearing various combat boots non-stop while in the Marine Corps and have a nice collection of thicker socks that are great for boots. My feet and ankles were destroyed years ago... I can take whatever these Katahdins can throw at me! [​IMG]

13. EuroCyclist

EuroCyclist Member

long time creeper, first time poster...
    after looking for new boots I was going to splurge on red wings but you guys have convinced me to buy a pair of these instead. excited to see what all the hype is about.

14. asdf

asdf Senior member

Luckily(?) I went through six-years of wearing various combat boots non-stop while in the Marine Corps and have a nice collection of thicker socks that are great for boots. My feet and ankles were destroyed years ago... I can take whatever these Katahdins can throw at me! [​IMG]

Hah, either way, the temporary pain is worth it!

15. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

So SnoSeal helps keep snow out? What does shit like Obenaufs do?

It helps keep snow out.