Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jmillz15, Oct 13, 2009.

1. asdf

asdf Senior member

The pictures are pretty accurate, however in sunlight the boot has an orange hue to it that I wasn't expecting. LL Bean includes brokerage/duties/taxes during checkout, so you know right off the bat how much it is.

Duty charged at checkout, which is annoying, because you have to pay 100% of it (vs. rolling the dice) but handy, because they get accross the border really really fast.

Boots are pretty light, but darken with use just from burnishing, and darken further with any sort of oil/wax/polish.

2. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

Duty charged at checkout, which is annoying, because you have to pay 100% of it (vs. rolling the dice) but handy, because they get accross the border really really fast.

Boots are pretty light, but darken with use just from burnishing, and darken further with any sort of oil/wax/polish.

well i got a 20% off code, and free shipping, so duty/taxes of 16 dollars isnt much, total comes out to 143 ish

that is not alot to pay for at all, especially for across the border in 2 to 6 days

and another question, I usually size done a whole size (comparing to sneakers) for boots,

but i see here people size down a half usually, is my assumption right?

i got some white beswax (cant get obneuf in canada), i'll see how the darkening goes, i'd prefer it a lil darker but price and quality is too good to pass up

3. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

There shouldn't be any duties, only your provincial and federal tax, since they are made in the US.

4. asdf

asdf Senior member

There shouldn't be any duties, only your provincial and federal tax, since they are made in the US.

Yeah you're right, I forgot, i got mine a while ago.

5. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

hmm should i get now with the 20% off or hope there is a christmas coupon? if there is one

6. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

hmm should i get now with the 20% off or hope there is a christmas coupon? if there is one
    buy it now. They're great boots at that price. I'm near Toronto and they served me well last winter.

7. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

I"ve been wearing mine for a week now, broken in quite nicely and feel great. The original colour looks great as well, but I might put some obenaufs on it to darken it a bit. I think you should get it now

8. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I want to join the Katahdin Klub so I just placed my order...

9. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Thinking about picking up a pair for this winter. Does anyone have fit pics with skinny (tapered) jeans? I've never rocked boots + skinny jeans, I'm worried it will look stupid.

10. illumin8em

illumin8em Senior member

why don't people read the thread? seems the logical thing to do if you want some info on a product that is the subject of the entire thread. you may find such answers and pictures just a few pages in to your journey

11. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Just looked through the entire thread. Found one fit picture with skinny-ish jeans. Anyone have any others?

12. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Just looked through the entire thread. Found one fit picture with skinny-ish jeans. Anyone have any others?

Aren't there a zillion pics all over of skinny jeans and boots? JCrew, Barneys, etc etc? I don't think this is a new concept.

13. CarbonRod

CarbonRod Member

The boots are probably gonna look ridiculous with anything less than about a 7.5~7.75 hem, work boots just aren't made for that type of fit and the proportions are going to looked fucked as the boots themselves, while not ridiculously so, are still pretty clunky.

14. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

The boots are probably gonna look ridiculous with anything less than about a 7.5~7.75 hem, work boots just aren't made for that type of fit and the proportions are going to looked fucked as the boots themselves, while not ridiculously so, are still pretty clunky.

What then would you recommend wearing for winter footwear with skinny jeans? I don't want to deal with walking around in snow and ice in sneakers again this winter.

15. G0079

G0079 Senior member

The boots look fine with slim pants. I'm wearing mine with sz30 New Standards. If I'm reading the sizing right, the hem is 7.5". The jeans fit over the top, and don't look weird at all. I've got like another inch and a half to two inches of room - it's not like they're just stacking up on top.

Unless of course, you don't lace your boots in which case you're fucked.