• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

akmateo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ossington
Hey, I've been looking at the LL Bean Kats and the plain toe Chippewas, both look good. We get hard winters where I live so, none of these would be used in the ice/snow that doesn't seem to be moved very quickly in my area. Do you guys like the Kats/Chips or these others ones I saw from William Lennon in the UK better? With Shipping and the pound being in the toilet, they come out to be about the same price.

http://www.williamlennon.co.uk/footw...war-boots.html

I vote for the Katahdins.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bleh, I'm glad Motorsport226 convinced me to get the cap toes, they look better.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
Bleh, I'm glad Motorsport226 convinced me to get the cap toes, they look better.

+1

three_man

Reaction score
you can remove those flags, I have several of em from my chippewa boots

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggie_Robs
I'm not sure how I feel about the sole on those Chippewas.

If you are talking about the bright orangey line around the sole, that goes away if you actually wear them outside

Jay687

Reaction score
How do these size in comparison to Timberland boots?

Biggie_Robs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
If you are talking about the bright orangey line around the sole, that goes away if you actually wear them outside

No, I'm wondering about the tread pattern.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggie_Robs
No, I'm wondering about the tread pattern.

Ooh that one on zappos has a funny pattern compared to the LL bean ones.

When I first ordered them, my thought was to replace the sole with a commando sole when I first get them resoled...but now that I have had them for a while, I have no complaints and would just get the same sole (the LL bean one...hopefully they don't use that zappos sole when I eventually get them done).

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, the only real difference between the "GQ" Zappo boots and the Katahdins is the cap-toe and the different sole bottom then, yes?

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spaghettimatt
So, the only real difference between the "GQ" Zappo boots and the Katahdins is the cap-toe and the different sole bottom then, yes?

Look closer: Katahdins have speed hooks to the top of the boot, which, to me, makes them far more desirable. I saw those plain toes at Dave's NY yesterday, and they are, well, kind of boring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads