Californication makes Entourage look like a cartoon.. What an awesome, awesome show.

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Flambeur, Nov 14, 2008.

1. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I've watched the first season.

Does the fact that his daughter's band is GOD AWFUL irritate anyone else [​IMG]

Yeah, absolutely. The five minutes they dedicate to the one show she plays absolutely ruined the series for me... [​IMG]

2. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

Yeah, absolutely. The five minutes they dedicate to the one show she plays absolutely ruined the series for me...

[​IMG]

Granted I've only seen the first season...but it was in 2 or 3 episodes, including multiple characters proclaiming how "amazing" they were. It was just completely implausible dialogue which kinda soured it.

But as people said in this thread already, this show becomes improbable fairly often. The guy will get in a fistfight with someone over a cell phone at a movie, but can't get a word in edgewise when the 16 year old steals his script?

3. gdc_2008

gdc_2008 Senior member

You guys like Entourage? I find that far more improbable...I love Californication, and if you watch it like its done through Hanks eyes...its like watching a snoody white dudes telling of Beneath The Underdog (how's that for a reference...).

4. Gorthaur Melwasul

Gorthaur Melwasul Senior member

Californication is just awesome.
    The first season is better than the second because Hank is more nihilistic than ever.
    And the chicks are hot, the story funny and space.
    I really like that show.

5. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

Californication is just awesome.
    The first season is better than the second because Hank is more nihilistic than ever.
    And the chicks are hot, the story funny and space.
    I really like that show.

Mmmm rollergirl... [​IMG]

6. Psyren

Psyren Senior member

I watched the first episode a year ago, maybe I'll pick this up again, same with Mad Men.

7. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I've watched the first season.

Does the fact that his daughter's band is GOD AWFUL irritate anyone else [​IMG]

I fast forward through the scenes with the band. Doesn't ruin it for me, but it definitely bugs.

8. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

So,

The new season starts Sept. 27. Preview is up on the showtime site. Looks like Hank is getting a teaching job (helllooooooo, Kunk) and is taking full advantage of it. Interesting direction. Guess the wife is gone as everyone has suspected (for those personal reasons)

9. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Nice, I have been waiting for this.

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Just started watching, and I catch reruns at very random times so they aren't in chronological order, but of the four episodes I've seen, I really enjoy the show.

11. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

Just started watching, and I catch reruns at very random times so they aren't in chronological order, but of the four episodes I've seen, I really enjoy the show.

I don't even know how you guys can do that with shows... When you don't watch something like that from the beginning you are missing like half the stuff that develops from episode to episode...

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I don't even know how you guys can do that with shows... When you don't watch something like that from the beginning you are missing like half the stuff that develops from episode to episode...

What am I supposed to do? Turn off an entertaining show because I can't watch it episode 1 through 50 straight through? That would be stupid.

13. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

What am I supposed to do? Turn off an entertaining show because I can't watch it episode 1 through 50 straight through? That would be stupid.

so obviously that's right up your alley

14. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Get it on torrents, duh.

15. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

This is one of my favorite shows. Can't wait for it to come back.

I don't think I've ever laughed more than when Charlie got woman-spunk all over his face.