• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californication makes Entourage look like a cartoon.. What an awesome, awesome show.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DBoon
I've watched the first season.

Does the fact that his daughter's band is GOD AWFUL irritate anyone else
blush.gif

Yeah, absolutely. The five minutes they dedicate to the one show she plays absolutely ruined the series for me...
sarcasm.gif

DBoon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Yeah, absolutely. The five minutes they dedicate to the one show she plays absolutely ruined the series for me...

sarcasm.gif

Granted I've only seen the first season...but it was in 2 or 3 episodes, including multiple characters proclaiming how "amazing" they were. It was just completely implausible dialogue which kinda soured it.

But as people said in this thread already, this show becomes improbable fairly often. The guy will get in a fistfight with someone over a cell phone at a movie, but can't get a word in edgewise when the 16 year old steals his script?

gdc_2008

Reaction score
You guys like Entourage? I find that far more improbable...I love Californication, and if you watch it like its done through Hanks eyes...its like watching a snoody white dudes telling of Beneath The Underdog (how's that for a reference...).

Gorthaur Melwasul

Reaction score
Californication is just awesome.
The first season is better than the second because Hank is more nihilistic than ever.
And the chicks are hot, the story funny and space.
I really like that show.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gorthaur Melwasul
Californication is just awesome.
The first season is better than the second because Hank is more nihilistic than ever.
And the chicks are hot, the story funny and space.
I really like that show.

Mmmm rollergirl...
bounce2.gif

Psyren

Reaction score
I watched the first episode a year ago, maybe I'll pick this up again, same with Mad Men.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DBoon
I've watched the first season.

Does the fact that his daughter's band is GOD AWFUL irritate anyone else
blush.gif

I fast forward through the scenes with the band. Doesn't ruin it for me, but it definitely bugs.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So,

The new season starts Sept. 27. Preview is up on the showtime site. Looks like Hank is getting a teaching job (helllooooooo, Kunk) and is taking full advantage of it. Interesting direction. Guess the wife is gone as everyone has suspected (for those personal reasons)

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, I have been waiting for this.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Just started watching, and I catch reruns at very random times so they aren't in chronological order, but of the four episodes I've seen, I really enjoy the show.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Just started watching, and I catch reruns at very random times so they aren't in chronological order, but of the four episodes I've seen, I really enjoy the show.

I don't even know how you guys can do that with shows... When you don't watch something like that from the beginning you are missing like half the stuff that develops from episode to episode...

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
I don't even know how you guys can do that with shows... When you don't watch something like that from the beginning you are missing like half the stuff that develops from episode to episode...

What am I supposed to do? Turn off an entertaining show because I can't watch it episode 1 through 50 straight through? That would be stupid.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What am I supposed to do? Turn off an entertaining show because I can't watch it episode 1 through 50 straight through? That would be stupid.

so obviously that's right up your alley

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Get it on torrents, duh.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite shows. Can't wait for it to come back.

I don't think I've ever laughed more than when Charlie got woman-***** all over his face.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads