• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californication makes Entourage look like a cartoon.. What an awesome, awesome show.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The daughter is a good actress but sometimes her monotone and little zingers are just too much, like the Goth Gilmour Girls.

The Nirvana stuff was just stupid, but a lot of people were like that. They kind of ripped off Six Feet Under, which did that first. In fact it was a fairly direct rip off, and sometimes the writing (in its realer moments - not the cartoonish ones Gekko describes) mimics six feet under.

delirium

Reaction score
^^ i agree the daughter's spiel got old sometimes.

i skipped through most of the Nirvana stuff. that was truly a pain.
although, i thought the letter he sent to her in the flash back was cute.

paraiso

Reaction score
I haven't caught the second season yet. The first one was amazing. Entourage has been looking like a cartoon for quite a while now.

mps23

Reaction score
i just started on the dvds. thanks for the recommendation here.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz
Maybe McElhone might not be back for another season?

Considering her 42 year old, athlete, doctor husband dropped dead in London during her Season 2 filming and that she's pregnant with their third child, no one could blame her.
frown.gif

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Considering her 42 year old, athlete, doctor husband dropped dead in London during her Season 2 filming and that she's pregnant with their third child, no one could blame her.
frown.gif

Sucks for her, but maybe this is going to bring the show back to its roots - drinking and *******..

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Sucks for her, but maybe this is going to bring the show back to its roots - drinking and *******..

Actually I think that if Karen is out of the picture in the third season, they're going to focus on Hank being more responsible and building a better relationship with his daughter. I'm sure they'll find ways to throw in the occasional random fling, but on the whole it might go in a more mature direction. And of course the daughter will have her own little dramas.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I started watching this and it's awesome. I have a new hero now.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Francis
And they soon forgive the theft of their watershed novel.
I have a feeling that that is going to fall apart on the girl and Hank will have his revenge. Charlie instantly recognized it as his work and I feel like there would be a lot of fans who would as well (or even his not-wife who at this point has not officially read it). She could never produce any followup work without stealing something else... In the end I wonder how well a statutory **** charge could even hold up with a good lawyer...it is not like there is any real evidence. It wouldn't work well for a timely TV show but there would even be a statue of limitations case here...wait until the sex can no longer be punished and then sue the **** out of her.

Originally Posted by j
I started watching this and it's awesome. I have a new hero now.

+1

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
I have a feeling that that is going to fall apart on the girl and Hank will have his revenge. Charlie instantly recognized it as his work and I feel like there would be a lot of fans who would as well (or even his not-wife who at this point has not officially read it). She could never produce any followup work without stealing something else... In the end I wonder how well a statutory **** charge could even hold up with a good lawyer...it is not like there is any real evidence. It wouldn't work well for a timely TV show but there would even be a statue of limitations case here...wait until the sex can no longer be punished and then sue the **** out of her.

Maybe I missed something, but I've never understood how he can be so at peace with that situation. Standing down because you're afraid of a stuatory **** charge is one thing, but this guy's kissing her on the cheek and wishing her luck on her book tour. You've got to hope that an impacted ass load of Karma's going to be raining down on her next season.

twotrey

Reaction score
"**** me like I'm Al Qaeda!"

"I'm declaring Jihad on your *****!"

crackup[1].gif

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hank being even remotely OK with what she did is by far the most implausible part of the series, and that includes every single woman he comes in contact with coming on to him. It doesn't even remotely make sense.

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this post - I would have never found this show on my own and it is AWESOME!!! Cartoony yes, but really fun to watch. Looking forward to Season 3.

DBoon

Reaction score
I've watched the first season.

Does the fact that his daughter's band is GOD AWFUL irritate anyone else
blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads