Californication makes Entourage look like a cartoon.. What an awesome, awesome show.

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Flambeur, Nov 14, 2008.

1. milosz

milosz Senior member

If I look like that at 30 I'm going in for a shitload of plastic surgery.

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

omg I didn't know Rick Springfield is a real man, had to google to find out about him, man is 60 years old and he looks only half of his age, I don't believe it!

If you didn't realize he was a real person who was a one-hit wonder who fucked a ton of random chicks, you missed out on several pretty hilarious but very subtle jokes.

3. superfans124

superfans124 Senior member

Beijing -> D.C. -> HK -> Beijing -> now where?
    I got that he must've been a one hit wonder, actually I thought he was a child star or some kind, just that I thought he was another Lew Ashby, a made-up character. It's the repeatitive name dropping "that IS Rick Springfield" "are YOU Rick Springfield" "I'm getting effed by Rick Springfield", that finally set me in, "ok, maybe Rick Springfield is actually somebody." It's shocking to me not because he's a real person but because he's 60 fucking years old, I had the impression from his appearance and demeanor that he's around probably Duchovney's age (I don't really know exactly how old Duchovney is, 40ish? I guess), and many times his character appears to be more youthful with energy than Hank Moody's boozed out old lazy ass. Even though he can't hide those old man blurry eyes (makes perfect sense to me now), but I think for what its worth, his plastic surgeons did a darn good job.

4. tor

tor Senior member

I just started watching this show.

1. so many boobies
    2. great sense of humor in the show, running throughout
    3. indeed, entourage has nothing on this show

5. Riio

Riio Senior member

Duchovny's always rocking those chelsea boots and it's making me want a pair.

6. Gorthaur Melwasul

Gorthaur Melwasul Senior member

The show isn't fun when Karen is around!

7. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

If you didn't realize he was a real person who was a one-hit wonder who fucked a ton of random chicks, you missed out on several pretty hilarious but very subtle jokes.

one-hit wonder??!!!! "jessie's girl" might be his biggest hit but he also sang the classics "i've done everything for you", "taxi dancing", "don't talk to strangers", "what kind of fool am i", "affair of the heart" and "love somebody" which was in the soundtrack of his major film "hard to hold".... he is a god! [​IMG]

8. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

i don't know his music but its funny that old stars are portrayed as sex fiends and drug addicts

( i.e. the guy from full house in entourage)

9. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Would like to see more Eva Amurri titty (she was on How I met your MOther last nite too). Soon as I saw her I tell the missus, hey we've seen her titties!!

Hanks the man!

I had the exact same experience. When she appeared on screen I turned to the old lady and say "seen her boobs."

Everyone saying that Natasha McElhone is ugly - I don't know what to say, except, you're retarded.

10. unpainted huffheinz

unpainted huffheinz Senior member

I'm hoping this is the end of Springfield. The joke would have been funny for an episode, but an entire season of going back to the same tired shit is way too much.

11. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

i don't know his music but its funny that old stars are portrayed as sex fiends and drug addicts

( i.e. the guy from full house in entourage)

The guy from Full House? You're shitting me, right?

[​IMG]

12. willpower

willpower Senior member

I'm hoping this is the end of Springfield. The joke would have been funny for an episode, but an entire season of going back to the same tired shit is way too much.

Isn't next week the season finale anyway? Springfield was the most interesting character on the show. Hope I look as youthful at 60.

13. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

The last few episodes have been very meh with a few laughs here and there. The last two in particular I was waiting for them to get started when I realized there was only 5 minutes left to go. This season in general saddens me compared to how it started. Replacing the hot Suicide Girl we got horrifying and boner-shriveling Kathleen Turner, and replacing the fun and funny and sorta-complex Ashby and attendant antics, we got IMO annoying as hell and boring Rick Springfield with his cliches being pounded out over and over. Mia (another hot girl presence, and a reason to have girls in schoolgirl outfits on screen) is now totally absent and we have the daughter's snotty, generic looking snob of a friend instead. And Hank hasn't punched any dickweeds in a long time. Nor does he care anymore that he's not writing - just tossed that whole defining part of himself away somehow. [​IMG][​IMG]

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

They exploited the characters too much during this season. Hank is just a caricature of himself. It's like Weeds where I grew to dislike the main character over the seasons.

15. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I just got showtime. Can i get into the show from watching the current season?