• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californians: fingers crossed?

Brian SD

Reaction score
So I'm sure you're all aware about the ridiculous weather (a month ago being super hot, a week ago being freezing).

I think we've found a happy medium. Can we write a letter to the weather channel and make them keep it like it is today?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
You do this just for me, don't you, Brian?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I bet the Dude is not happy about this.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
seriousfuckingly.

This weather is definitely great (although I have been outside like 10 minutes today, was in meetings more or less the whole ******* day)

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im in SoCal, and the hot Xmas weather really made for an awkward feeling holiday.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
Im in SoCal, and the hot Xmas weather really made for an awkward feeling holiday.

Yeah, we didn't have our usual white christmas.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I bet the Dude is not happy about this.

Today I went to the beach!
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

I played my guitar and thought about the Beach Boys!
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

Then I had to go home and drink whisky with my girl's father.
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif

After awhile he made me angry so I went and thought about California
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

When you are enjoying your California weather don't forget about The Guy!
teacha.gif
teacha.gif
teacha.gif

-Danny Wilson

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Today I went to the beach!
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

I played my guitar and thought about the Beach Boys!
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

Then I had to go home and drink whisky with my girl's father.
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif

After awhile he made me angry so I went and thought about California
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

When you are enjoying your California weather don't forget about The Guy!
teacha.gif
teacha.gif
teacha.gif

-Danny Wilson

Congratulations, drizzt. You are now the 3rd member of the "What happened to that crazy psycho ****?" club. Acidic and I would like to bestow all privileges and benefits henceforth to you. Reggs- For some reason I normally remember it being a rather warm winter day every Christmas in LA. Maybe it's just me.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
Depends on your baseline, I guess. My first California Christmas was when I was 8 years old. I got a skateboard under the tree, and spent the day outside in shorts and a t-shirt trying to ride it. Pretty awesome for a kid who'd moved from rural Pennsylvania. Given that we're not going to get a traditional white Christmas in these parts, I'd just as soon it be 70 degrees and sunny rather than 50 degrees and rainy.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
It's weird, actually--Christmas as a "feeling" is really pretty much defined by media and culture, not actual experience. At least for me. I was born and raised in SoCal, so in theory, a sunny, 65-degree day should feel plenty "Christmasy". But it doesn't. A snowy, chilly day in mid-Dec in NYC--despite my never having visited NYC until I was in my early 20s--feels much, much more "like Christmas" than when I visit my family in LA on Christmas day.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, i was gonna say, what's going on here. we probably went a good 2-3 weeks where the temperature didn't go above 70 degrees!!!

seriously though, that stretch of freezing to near freezing temperatures in the LA basin was a little strange.

-Jeff

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
yeah, i was gonna say, what's going on here. we probably went a good 2-3 weeks where the temperature didn't go above 70 degrees!!!

seriously though, that stretch of freezing to near freezing temperatures in the LA basin was a little strange.

-Jeff

sucks to be a citrus grower this year

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's in the high 50's now and will be in the low 50's tonight here in South Florida...perfect weather. The best part is that the turbo in my car gets all that nice, crisp air...it's so sweet.

Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads