1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

california theme party tomorrow - would this work?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by faisal.100, Oct 4, 2010.

1. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

What is California theme?

hi which type of theme u want not clear your question....

I'm also waiting for the answer on that one...[​IMG]

2. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Hi, I have a california theme party tomorrow. Would this work out? White chino or khaki shorts that cutoff at the middle of the knee and a white and light blue stripe dress shirt, tucked in, with the sleeves rolled up and top two buttons undone. And boat shoes with matching belt.

Untuck the shirt and this would be perfect for an Annapolis theme party. Hey there, sailor!

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

california theme party

cute...

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

california theme party

cute...

+1

Spice it up, bring Sheen and pron

5. comrade

comrade Senior member

Hi, I have a california theme party tomorrow. Would this work out? White chino or khaki shorts that cutoff at the middle of the knee and a white and light blue stripe dress shirt, tucked in, with the sleeves rolled up and top two buttons undone. And boat shoes with matching belt.

Except for the "cutoff" you seem to have confused California with Nantucket or
    Bah Hahbah.

6. Mr. White

Mr. White Senior member

Yeah, yeah, cargo shorts, dull hoodie, flip flops. OK.

But he can't pull it off without a similarly-dressed, slightly chubby and somewhat bitchy Filipina or Mexican gf in arm, dark dark tan and blonded arm hair, idiotic surfer dude twang (think Okie parents), reeks of backyard barbecue from his earlier stop that evening, pulls up in a ten-year-old SUV, pants pocket bulge with the latest I-phone 4 that rings incessantly cuz the idiot doesn't know to put texts on buzz only, etc, etc.

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

+1

Spice it up, bring Sheen and pron

And Tommy Lee,Rob Lowe,Pamela Anderson or Rodman..[​IMG]

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

And Tommy Lee,Rob Lowe,Pamela Anderson or Rodman..[​IMG]

You forgot Stamos

9. schroeder85

schroeder85 New Member

Here's a quick rundown of some CA archetypes (mostly Southern CA related) and their usual uniforms:

Surfer/beach bum: Board shorts (baggy) with surf/skate brand T-shirt/tanktop and Rainbow flip-flops (optional hoodie and shades)

Hypebeast: Outrageously colored sneakers a must, baggy/saggy jeans, LRG hoodie or similar, fitted cap (bonus points for matching outfit colors to sneakers)

Jerk (referencing the hip-hop movement): similar to Hypebeast, but skinny jeans. Emphasis on the skinny jeans. See video:

SoCal Clubber: all about the brands, Ed Hardy, Monarchy, True Religion, Rock & Republic, Antik, throw on some square-toed shoes, and faux hawk that haircut. Fake tan for the win.

Retiree: Hula shirt, khaki shorts, flip-flops, big straw hat (not even panama status, think bigger: http://www.amazon.com/DORFMAN-PACIFI.../dp/B000UJCBH6)

That's all I can think of for now, let me see if I can come up with a few more later.

10. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Here's a quick rundown of some CA archetypes (mostly Southern CA related) and their usual uniforms:

Surfer/beach bum: Board shorts (baggy) with surf/skate brand T-shirt/tanktop and Rainbow flip-flops (optional hoodie and shades)

Hypebeast: Outrageously colored sneakers a must, baggy/saggy jeans, LRG hoodie or similar, fitted cap (bonus points for matching outfit colors to sneakers)

Jerk (referencing the hip-hop movement): similar to Hypebeast, but skinny jeans. Emphasis on the skinny jeans. See video:

SoCal Clubber: all about the brands, Ed Hardy, Monarchy, True Religion, Rock & Republic, Antik, throw on some square-toed shoes, and faux hawk that haircut. Fake tan for the win.

Retiree: Hula shirt, khaki shorts, flip-flops, big straw hat (not even panama status, think bigger: http://www.amazon.com/DORFMAN-PACIFI.../dp/B000UJCBH6)

That's all I can think of for now, let me see if I can come up with a few more later.

And Compton gang bangers...

11. Mr. White

Mr. White Senior member

What's the deal with young guys wearing a big shiny "official" whatever sticker on baseball caps? I mean, if caps can be "pirated," can't stickers?

12. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

13. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

I recommend pants too large hanging down to the crotch with one leg rolled up and a bandanna to tie it off. Go with a plain white Hanes t-shirt and pack heat if you've got it.

Alternately, you could wear a khakis, and an apple logo t-shirt and talk to people about how you drive a Prius because you're more responsible than all the idiots in the middle states.

14. Kurt N

Kurt N Senior member

I recommend pants too large hanging down to the crotch with one leg rolled up and a bandanna to tie it off. Go with a plain white Hanes t-shirt and pack heat if you've got it.

Alternately, you could wear a khakis, and an apple logo t-shirt and talk to people about how you drive a Prius because you're more responsible than all the idiots in the middle states.

Because down here in So Cal we're snide and judgmental, you mean?

Whatever, dude.

15. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Because down here in So Cal we're snide and judgmental, you mean?

Whatever, dude.

I suppose I'll take my lumps for being hypocritical here. I've just encountered way too many of the type.

16. AlexE

AlexE Senior member

why not doing the fat midwestern / southern tourist visiting L.A. for the first time (only works with BMI greater than 30): Running shoes, white socks, walmart cargo pants, T-Shirt with bible club logo, college football or NASCAR hat, Disneyland ticket hanging out of back pocket, massive sunburn...make sure to act embarrassed and outraged whenever you see gays/lesbians/nudity/modern art/sushi/etc.

17. AlexE

AlexE Senior member

These people are seen at tourist traps like Fisherman's Wharf here in San Francisco too. Usually seen eating a Double-Double at In-N-Out, munching on junk food, or seen in the window at Hooters drinking crap beer. The ones with a southern accent often sport that stupid Frat/Trad look.

Yep seen it and ran away!

18. PregnantBob

PregnantBob Senior member

19. Mr. White

Mr. White Senior member

^^^ Windbreakers. Haven't seen that in ages.

...make sure to act embarrassed and outraged whenever you see gays/lesbians/nudity/modern art/sushi/etc.

I once had a lezbo college professor who "confessed" and "came out for the first time." Seems she was notorious on ratemyprofessors.com for doing that every semester.

Around that time, I kept noticing that gay guys would run to embrace each other right in front of me and block the sidewalk so I had to go around on the grass. Once at college, I had a couple of dykes do that to me. I circled the building and waited. They "just met each other" again in front of another guy.

It's not the tourist. The problem behavior is with the queers. The act is a hackneyed study in being offensive. Just get out of my way and save your mental disturbance for other pervs.

20. willpower

willpower Senior member

Dress like Larry David. He's got the 'West Side of LA' look down. Pacific Palisades all the way. [​IMG]