• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

California Seeks to Clear Hemp of a Bad Name

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're wondering why you can buy hemp goods (such as clothing), but they're hard to find, read this article.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant
If you're wondering why you can buy hemp goods (such as clothing), but they're hard to find, read this article.

Hemp is an amazing product. It was used originally by Ford to build cars. It can be used as paper (toilet, writing, towels), clothing, it can be eaten, can be used as fuel, rope, sails, and is stronger and more breathable than cotton. The stigma around hemp is ridiculous. You can't get high from hemp. Also, someone can't hide marijuana in a hemp crop. Marijuana can't even be grown with hemp.

I have a feeling that the cotton lobbyists and paper companies don't want anyone to know about hemp. I don't have any facts to back that up but it would be my guess.

Hemp is also easy to farm and inexpensive compared to cotton. Cotton requires the most pesticides compared to any crop grown.

alflauren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
It was used originally by Ford to build cars.

I think Cheech and Chong did this too.
laugh.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is a huge plot of hemp that grows on some public land south of my city that is apparently left over from the WWII effort pictured in LS's poster. In the 70s several acquaintances of mine made the drive to the plot and harvested several bales of the stuff with hopes it would be a cheap high. All they got was headaches.
smile.gif

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And Dr. Bronner's brand of soaps uses hemp oil as a skin conditioner.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads