1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

California Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by mordecai, Apr 14, 2011.

1. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

Shall we? Today in California appreciation, Theodore Payne:
    [​IMG] Theodore Payne Foundation

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

I appreciate the ride from Santa Rosa all the way out to the coast on River Road. Tons of vineyards, then you pass by Colonel Armstrong's Redwood area for a nice little stroll, keep going, and you get about a quarter mile from the coast and you see this absolutely incredible view of the Russian River Valley. God it is gorgeous. And then Goat Rock beach is awesome. And the best oysters imaginable are just down the road.

God I miss California so much. [​IMG]

3. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

I appreciate Santa Barbara. I'll be visiting my cousin who lives there this summer.

4. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

And then Goat Rock beach is awesome. God I miss California so much. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I appreciate Santa Barbara. I'll be visiting my cousin who lives there this summer.
    [​IMG]

5. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

on/off/love/hate with California, gonna visit in a couple months and find out how I feel about it now.

7. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

8. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

my parents always talked about going to california for a summer vacation, see the giant redwoods at sequoia, drive down the pacific coast, go whale sighting in monterey......

never did. than the one summer after i was married and couldnt swing it with family and work to go with them, they go for it. [​IMG] [​IMG]

i was pretty upset about that one.

9. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

on/off/love/hate with California, gonna visit in a couple months and find out how I feel about it now.

Hey, I got you this. I hope you enjoy it because this place is really overpriced.

[​IMG]

10. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

30 rock:
    Liz: "how do you get to 10"
    Rioter: "It's 'THE' 10"

11. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

Do you shop at Vons? I remember going there when I was young and them bringing our groceries to the car for us. I thought that was kinda cool.

12. impolyt_one

Hey, I got you this. I hope you enjoy it because this place is really overpriced.

[​IMG]

but then you have to live in California for that... [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

I always start to plan a trip to California and 10 minutes into it I'm reminded that I'm one of the poors.

14. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

15. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

but then you have to live in California for that... [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you start to feel homesick while you are here, give me a ring. I can get you into Costco.

16. impolyt_one

I can teach you how to Costco Korean style if you are down. We'll make the most mountainous of onion, ketchup, and mustard mountains.

17. impolyt_one

I have a dude from superfuture who I hope is picking me up from LAX and taking me to Bouchon (0)

18. Nil

Nil Senior member

I love Santa Barbara. I haven't been in awhile, but last time it was a 3 day epic debaucherous bender followed by a 3 day stint in jail. Fun times. Seriously. It was a great fucking time.

19. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

I love Santa Barbara. I haven't been in awhile, but last time it was a 3 day epic debaucherous bender followed by a 3 day stint in jail. Fun times. Seriously. It was a great fucking time.

You need to elaborate on this

lol

20. Nil

Nil Senior member

It's pretty straight forward actually. Partied almost every waking moment in SB from Thursday through early Sunday morning when, for some reason that I'm still uncertain about to this day, I decided to run from the police. Ended with me lowering my shoulder and plowing over a cop, stumbling and then getting lightly beat for a short period of time with their night sticks (pre-taser era). Didn't get out until Tuesday when I was released with a few hundred dollar fine and time served.

You know, typical bad boy shit. /impolyt.