• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calgary/Edmonton Bespoke and MTM

Inputchip

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am in the market for a new suit. After thorough research, I believe that the best option for me is a MTM or bespoke. I am located in Edmonton but am frequently in Calgary for business. I have heard that Giovanni Nicoletti at The Tailor Shop in Calgary is a very good option for MTM/Bespoke.

I have an appointment with Giovanni tomorrow to talk about possibly getting a suit made for me. The lady at the counter told me the suits start at $1200 for basic fabric. After more research, it appears the MTM starts at $1200 and bespoke is over 2k. After reading on the forum I have found mixed reviews for Giovanni so I would like as much input as possible.

I have also heard that Henry The Tailor does very good suits as well in Calgary, but would most likely be out of my price range.

What is the best option for my price range of $1000-$1500?

Giovanni, Samuelsohn, Henry The Tailor?

Would a MTM from Giovanni be better than a MTM from Samuelson? I believe they are at a very similar price point. However, if Giovanni does the suit I would be able to get more measurements.

My local shop in Edmonton wants to sell me a Jack Victor, Tombolini or S. Cohen MTM. I believe these are all fused or half-canvassed at best and therefore have looked elsewhere.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
If you want MTM, remember that (at least here in the east) The Bay does have Samuelsohn events every once in a while. Ask to get on their mailing list.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, input. Good luck with your search.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads