Calculus - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by curiouscharles, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Supergenius

Supergenius Senior member

I forgot to ask Graham - are the prices on your website in Canadian $ or American $? Looking to use my 20% discount from signing up for the newsletter!

2. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

USD

3. Supergenius

Thanks - still very fairly priced even in USD.

4. Cole87

Cole87 Senior member

Oh, nice, you guys are on here. I just bought two Jan Jan Van Essche pieces from ya. I dig the site and brands you have.

5. Supergenius

Any plans to add additional designers? Say Raf Simons for example?

6. curiouscharles

curiouscharles Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey Supergenius,

As already pointed out, we trade in USD, with the lowest possible mark-up for each designer carried.

We are adding Geoffrey B. Small in FW17, and won't be able to add any new designers for at least another season after that.

I am looking at a number of potential candidates, both commercial and independent, but Raf is definitely on the list.

Cole,

Thanks for your purchase!

You're going to love the birch shirt - unbelievable fabric when beheld in person.

7. Supergenius

Graham - can you get any additional merchandise that's not on the site already? I'm thinking about the Rick Owens wolffish leather Geobaskets and some of the Island Dunks in exotic skins. Or is what is shown on the site all you have until the next season's releases? Thanks so much for your quick responses, I can't wait to place my frst order with you guys.

8. curiouscharles

What's there is what's avaialble.

Orders are completed six months prior to delivery, there's no ability to change that I'm afraid!

With the exception of some accessories missing from Ann [shooting next week], and I'm putting Rick up piece by piece as I work through it today / tomorrow [so that isn't complete yet].

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017

9. Supergenius

I'm in the market for some Rick Owens shorts and cropped trousers, too, so I'll be on the lookout for those as you add new merchandise each season.

10. curiouscharles

We have two models of shorts and one cropped trouser I should have online by tonight [as well as footwear].

11. Supergenius

Awesome - I will continue to check the website, Thanks for etting me know.

12. Cole87

Cole87 Senior member

Thanks @curiouscharles . I definitely look forward to the pieces

What's up with Ann D shoe sizing? I see you guys have the sneakers listed as TTS, and then Yoox has what appears to be the same sneaker listed as fitting large, so size down. I ask for two reasons. One, I want to eventually buy some sneakers from you guys but want to make sure I size right. And, two, I just bought some Ann D derbies from Yoox that they had listed as fitting large, and now I fear Yoox might not know what they're talking about, causing me to size wrong.

13. Supergenius

@Cole87 - I have Ann D's and I went TTS. They fit fine. I did buy mine a couple of years ago and have no idea if they've undergone any changes so ymmv.

14. Cole87

Cole87 Senior member

Hmm. Yeah, I've read so much different stuff now that I have no idea, lol. I've read where people say that all Ann D stuff fits a size large, and then I've seen it advertised as TTS.

15. Callusing

Callusing Senior member

From my limited experience, recent-season Ann footwear is true to size (though erring on the side of running large), while some older-season stuff ran at least a full size large. That's been my experience with a couple boots, a couple shoes and a couple sneakers. For direct comparison, I've got a pair of Ann boots from FW13(ish) where I wear a 40, but a pair of SS16 derbies were just barely large enough for me in a 41. (I'm a TTS 8/8.5 or EU 41)

It's been similar with their blazers and outerwear as well. I don't know if it's precisely the case, but the cutoff seems to be around when Ann left the label, with Ann-designed stuff running large and Meunier stuff running TTS to slightly large. I've seen substantial variance from piece to piece as well, though, especially with blazers, where I'd buy two blazers from the same season and one would fit me best in an S and one in an M. I'm sure there are plenty of people who can speak from far more experience than me, though.

Those Annchuck lows are the best white sneakers in the business. They look great out of the box, they look great beat to shit, they work with everything, and yet they're perfect with a whole lot of fits.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017