Cadillac

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by jpeirpont, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Mannix

Mannix Senior member

New Cad's suck especially, but there were some nice old ones. I'd still take a Lincoln over a Cad any day of the week....

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

New Cad's suck especially, but there were some nice old ones. I'd still take a Lincoln over a Cad any day of the week....

I don't care for the new Caddy's, and not crazy about most of the older ones. However, I love the vintage Lincolns.

3. Mannix

Mannix Senior member

I don't care for the new Caddy's, and not crazy about most of the older ones. However, I love the vintage Lincolns.

The '64 Continental 4dr hardtop makes me jizz in my pants...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There, I just one up'd every Cad ever made...

4. nicad2000

nicad2000 Senior member

If we're talking the 60's vintage ones I'd have to agree. However, I haven't seen anything by Lincoln in recent history that is remotely competitive with the CTS. All they seem to sell are different versions of a tarted-up Fusion. The LS wasn't bad in it's day however...

5. Mannix

Mannix Senior member

If we're talking the 60's vintage ones I'd have to agree. However, I haven't seen anything by Lincoln in recent history that is remotely competitive with the CTS. All they seem to sell are different versions of a tarted-up Fusion. The LS wasn't bad in it's day however...

I drive a current gen Town Car(burgundy with a tan cloth top) ...I quite like it for the looks, size and comfort. As for the CTS, I find them ugly and very cramped inside. The lines are just not appealing to my eyes either...

Cadillac does not have a car to compete with the Town Car, so there's no reason for me to go to a Cad. Cadillac in general offers nothing to make a Lincoln driver go to Cadillac IMO. As for other current Lincoln models, I really only like the Navigator.

BTW your avatar is sweet.

6. nicad2000

nicad2000 Senior member

I drive a current gen Town Car(burgundy with a tan cloth top) ...I quite like it for the looks, size and comfort. As for the CTS, I find them ugly and very cramped inside. The lines are just not appealing to my eyes either...

Cadillac does not have a car to compete with the Town Car, so there's no reason for me to go to a Cad. Cadillac in general offers nothing to make a Lincoln driver go to Cadillac IMO. As for other current Lincoln models, I really only like the Navigator.

BTW your avatar is sweet.

Ah well if we're talking a Town Car class of car I guess you'd be right. The STS etc. is definitely a size down from there.

Thanks for the avatar props - Goldfinger is truly one of the great Bond villains. I was looking around for a picture of him in that shooting outfit but couldn't find a suitable one.

7. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

They dont make the DTS anymore?

8. TrojanGarb

TrojanGarb Senior member

Oh a CTS-V would be fantastic.

I'd love a 61/62 as my cruisin' mobile
    [​IMG]

Its a shame the 'new' GM is going to stunt Caddie's growth. Not developing a full sized REAR wheel drive model is a huge mistake. They could be capitalizing on the death of the town car and their renewed reputation. But no, we're going to get a watered down FWD blob the germans have every right to snicker at or it'll be a 3 model division for the foreseeable future.

9. epb

epb Senior member

Not a fan of the old Caddies. My wish would be for a XLR with the Corvette engine; I think the previous/current one was supercharged. Those look sinister, especially in black, and the angular looks work with the folding top up or down.

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

More Lincolns:

[​IMG]

The original Continental:

[​IMG]

11. hypersonic

hypersonic Senior member

The original Continental:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I love that car ...I've never seen one IRL.

12. hypersonic

hypersonic Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really like old luxury car advertisements aimed at the US market -- they're very stylish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Mannix

Mannix Senior member

They do unfortunately...

14. Mannix

Mannix Senior member

[​IMG] I love that car ...I've never seen one IRL.

It's a very rare car...cost more than a Rolls for that year IIRC. It didn't sell very well, and Ford was taking a loss on each of those they produced so I've heard. If you can find one, you could probably pick one up for a decent deal actually. They're under appreciated IMO.

15. Millerp

Millerp Senior member

They do, but it's not as big as a town car. [​IMG]