1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cadillac

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by jpeirpont, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Mannix

Mannix Distinguished Member

New Cad's suck especially, but there were some nice old ones. I'd still take a Lincoln over a Cad any day of the week....

2. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

New Cad's suck especially, but there were some nice old ones. I'd still take a Lincoln over a Cad any day of the week....

I don't care for the new Caddy's, and not crazy about most of the older ones. However, I love the vintage Lincolns.

3. Mannix

I don't care for the new Caddy's, and not crazy about most of the older ones. However, I love the vintage Lincolns.

The '64 Continental 4dr hardtop makes me jizz in my pants...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There, I just one up'd every Cad ever made...

4. nicad2000

nicad2000 Senior Member

If we're talking the 60's vintage ones I'd have to agree. However, I haven't seen anything by Lincoln in recent history that is remotely competitive with the CTS. All they seem to sell are different versions of a tarted-up Fusion. The LS wasn't bad in it's day however...

5. Mannix

If we're talking the 60's vintage ones I'd have to agree. However, I haven't seen anything by Lincoln in recent history that is remotely competitive with the CTS. All they seem to sell are different versions of a tarted-up Fusion. The LS wasn't bad in it's day however...

I drive a current gen Town Car(burgundy with a tan cloth top) ...I quite like it for the looks, size and comfort. As for the CTS, I find them ugly and very cramped inside. The lines are just not appealing to my eyes either...

Cadillac does not have a car to compete with the Town Car, so there's no reason for me to go to a Cad. Cadillac in general offers nothing to make a Lincoln driver go to Cadillac IMO. As for other current Lincoln models, I really only like the Navigator.

BTW your avatar is sweet.

6. nicad2000

nicad2000 Senior Member

I drive a current gen Town Car(burgundy with a tan cloth top) ...I quite like it for the looks, size and comfort. As for the CTS, I find them ugly and very cramped inside. The lines are just not appealing to my eyes either...

Cadillac does not have a car to compete with the Town Car, so there's no reason for me to go to a Cad. Cadillac in general offers nothing to make a Lincoln driver go to Cadillac IMO. As for other current Lincoln models, I really only like the Navigator.

BTW your avatar is sweet.

Ah well if we're talking a Town Car class of car I guess you'd be right. The STS etc. is definitely a size down from there.

Thanks for the avatar props - Goldfinger is truly one of the great Bond villains. I was looking around for a picture of him in that shooting outfit but couldn't find a suitable one.

7. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Distinguished Member

They dont make the DTS anymore?

8. TrojanGarb

TrojanGarb Senior Member

Oh a CTS-V would be fantastic.

I'd love a 61/62 as my cruisin' mobile
    [​IMG]

Its a shame the 'new' GM is going to stunt Caddie's growth. Not developing a full sized REAR wheel drive model is a huge mistake. They could be capitalizing on the death of the town car and their renewed reputation. But no, we're going to get a watered down FWD blob the germans have every right to snicker at or it'll be a 3 model division for the foreseeable future.

9. epb

epb Senior Member

Not a fan of the old Caddies. My wish would be for a XLR with the Corvette engine; I think the previous/current one was supercharged. Those look sinister, especially in black, and the angular looks work with the folding top up or down.

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

More Lincolns:

[​IMG]

The original Continental:

[​IMG]

11. hypersonic

hypersonic Senior Member

The original Continental:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I love that car ...I've never seen one IRL.

12. hypersonic

hypersonic Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really like old luxury car advertisements aimed at the US market -- they're very stylish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Mannix

They do unfortunately...

14. Mannix

[​IMG] I love that car ...I've never seen one IRL.

It's a very rare car...cost more than a Rolls for that year IIRC. It didn't sell very well, and Ford was taking a loss on each of those they produced so I've heard. If you can find one, you could probably pick one up for a decent deal actually. They're under appreciated IMO.

15. Millerp

Millerp Senior Member

They do, but it's not as big as a town car. [​IMG]