1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cad and the Dandy - My first foray...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Davidmcclen, Nov 14, 2011.

1. GodAtum

GodAtum Senior member

Many thanks for the detailed report. I'm looking for a 2nd bespoke suit so will most likely try C&D this time. I'm looking forward to the pics. How much did you pay?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  2. catch1980

catch1980 Member

I have had a shirt custom made by Cad & the Dandy in one of their entry level price cloth and I am happy with it!

It fits perfectly snug and the quality is much more agreeable than the 80 euro RTW shirts I have bought so far. I never knew how smoothly buttons can slip into their buttonholes :) They offer a huge range of options and were happy to fulfil my extra wish as well: I opted for an extreme cut away collar, which is not in their standard options and it came off very well. Since this shirt is my first custom made, I can obviously not compare them to other shirt makers but doing business with them has been a very agreeable experience so far.

3. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

David: Any update on the final suit from Cad?

4. Davidmcclen

Davidmcclen Member

Hi all,

This post is ridiculously overdue but hopefully still useful - apologies.

My last update came after my basted fitting on 10th December 2011 (!)

Following this, I then had a further appointment on 11th January 2012 to try the now fully made suit. I have to say, seeing the suit hanging up and waiting for me to try on was fantastic. I had had some difficulty picturing the final suit based on the small cloth samples, but I was delighted to see the that the suit looked amazing and the cloth was exactly what I wanted. This probably sounds quite silly but even at the basted fitting I struggled to imagine how the final suit would look.

I tried on the suit and I was absolutely delighted. I was however offered full and frank advice from both Mikey and Marcelle with regard to further alterations to make the suit look even better. With regard to the trousers, it was suggested that these be taken in slightly at the waist so to ensure a perfectly snug fit and particularly so as they are likely to stretch slightly over the initial weeks of wearing. We also agreed that the trousers should be lengthened very slightly.

The waistcoat fitted absolutely perfectly - like it had been painted on. The lapels on the waistcoat are simply stunning and unlike any RTW suit I have ever seen.

The jacket fitted fantastically well too, though we agreed to have the sleeves shortened ever so slightly so as to show more shirt cuff.

Having been slightly teased by being allowed to try on this stunning suit, it was taken away for further alterations so as to make it perfect, though this rather cruelly delayed my enjoyment of having the opportunity to wear it!

I then had my final appointment on 25th January 2012 at which time all alterations had been completed.

Simply put, the suit is the finest suit that I have had the pleasure of wearing or seeing. The attention to detail throughout the process by all the staff at the cad and the dandy has ensured that I left with a perfectly fitting stunning suit. I have worn the suit on numerous occasions and every time I have worn it, I have received compliments on it. When I wear it, be it to court, meetings, socially, regardless of where I am, I feel that I will be the best dressed person in the room. I hope that doesn't sound arrogant, but rather a compliment to the craftsmanship of the tailors.

I can whole heatedly say that I thoroughly enjoyed the process from start to finish and the final suit was even better than I could have hoped for. So much so that I am going back to order another suit in the next month or so - now the difficult task of deciding what type of cloth to go for starts all over again!

I hope the above is helpful and please feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to help.

5. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

Any chance that you could post some pictures of you wearing the suit? I think that would only add to utility of this thread...

6. Davidmcclen

Davidmcclen Member

I shall do my best to get a few pictures done over the next week or so to give some further feedback.

7. rossjamesparker

rossjamesparker Member

David, many thanks for the full update, very helpful. Pictures would be an added bonus, yes. Congratulations on the suit, it looks like you've got yourself something quite special.

8. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Thanks for the update. Some pics of the completed suit would be great.

9. Balfour

Balfour Senior member

Pictures would be good - I am debating whether to give C&tD a try. The style looks a little modern / crisp for my tastes, I have to admit.

10. Dib

Dib Senior member

I'm in the same position (trying to find a tailor in London who I use as an alternative to tailors in HK, and am considering C&tD), fit pics of the finished suit would be great!

11. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

+1