• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cabo San Lucas

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, the 405 Freeway in LA is closing down for a weekend next month, getting away for that weekend...going to Cabo. Only been there as a cruise ship drop off for a day.....

any general recommendations? mainly looking to drink and party.

Cabo Wabo?
Nikki Beach?
Booze cruise?
any good fish taco shacks?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know a retired hooker who spends a lot of time in Cabo. Want me to hook you up?
smile.gif

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got too many of those.

ffffuuuu.gif

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just got back from Cabo on sunday.
I've been going 3 times a year for the past four years... it's convenient and the food is great.
Just go. But spend more time in San Jose del Cabo and less in Cabo san Lucas.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only going to be there 2 days. No car...., is there a good way to get to San Jose del Cabo? When I went on the cruise we went down to San Jose del Cabo.

the hotel is right on the beach, some time share.

Just looking to chill on beach, read kindle books, drink, jet-ski and have some good nightlife.

is the water there good for swimming? white sand beach or is it rocky?

any particular good restaurants to recommend? obviously loooking at mexican seafood.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
Only going to be there 2 days. No car...., is there a good way to get to San Jose del Cabo? When I went on the cruise we went down to San Jose del Cabo.

the hotel is right on the beach, some time share.

Just looking to chill on beach, read kindle books, drink, jet-ski and have some good nightlife.

is the water there good for swimming? white sand beach or is it rocky?

any particular good restaurants to recommend? obviously loooking at mexican seafood.

Rent a car, it's not a good idea to not have a car. The taxi fare for one long ride will be what you'll pay for a day or two of car rental.

If you want nicer beaches you have to start at the tip then go towards San Jose, NOT towards Cabo San Lucas.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this trip, its probably not realistic we're going to be renting a car.

the primary purpose is to drink/party, maybe eat some good baja fish tacos. get some sun and tan. not interested in complicating things with a car rental, driving around with maps, getting lost, and having to deal with that stuff.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just in L.A. and heard about the 405 closing. Having grown up in the area, I find this completely inconceivable. It'd be cool if people did fun things like throw block parties. But I suppose heading to Cabo San Lucas is a bit more exciting.

So what happens if something goes wrong with the demolition and the freeway has to be closed on Monday?

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erictheobscure
I was just in L.A. and heard about the 405 closing. Having grown up in the area, I find this completely inconceivable. It'd be cool if people did fun things like throw block parties. But I suppose heading to Cabo San Lucas is a bit more exciting.

So what happens if something goes wrong with the demolition and the freeway has to be closed on Monday?

Have you seen the film Battle: Los Angeles? I imagine it will look similar to that

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyway, went to cabo. the timeshare place we stayed at was really nice, right on Medano beach, but still walkable to downtown/marina.

had some of the best tacos i've had ever there too...some nighttime hole in the wall...so good.....chorizo, cabeza, asada, al pastor...all really good...some of the best i've had. place was called taqueria el gran pastor. Also hit up Gordo Lele's which was higly rated on tripadvisor...it was ok, not as good as the other place though.

hit up a few other places for tacos...it was hard to find the "baja" fish tacos where they were fried, mostly grilled tacos everywhere.

favorite place to drink was the "happy ending bar". met sammy hagar over at cabo wabo, that was cool.

bullrams

Reaction score
Bumping this thread for any new recs and seeing if @Xericx recs above still hold good?

bullrams

Reaction score
Thank you for the recs, @Gus and @kiya - spending more time in San Jose Del Cabo was well worth it!

Reactions: Gus

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads