• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J Weymouth vs. C&J Drummond

Omega Man

Reaction score
My first contribution for the year.

I purchased a pair of C&J Drummond before the new year from PLAL. I also have a pair of C&J Weymouth. I figure we can do a side by side comparison between the infamous 337 last (Weymouth) vs. the new comer 348 last (Drummond).

From the top looking down, it appears the 348 is a bit more sleeker and slightly longer. I ordered both in UK 8.5E. The length of the sole was 12 inches on the 337 and 12.25 inches on the 348 while the width was 4.25 inches on both lasts. This confirms the 348 last is a bit longer. I was a bit hesitant at first when ordering, but Mr. Doshi recommended me to take the same size in both models. He personally tried them both on to tell me this.

In terms of construction, the Drummond is benchgrade and the Weymouth is handgrade. As you can tell from the bottom picture, Drummond's sole is not channelled. The interior lining of the Drummond is not as nice as the Weymouth and the leather is a bit dull. But I am sure with a bit of cream and polish, I can bring out the shine. The Weymouth has a higher shine right out of the box. The color on the Drummond is uniformed across whereas the Weymouth has more of an antiqued look. I am not a shoe expert, but I also think the vamp and/or the throat (if I used the terms correctly) are a bit fuller in the Weymouth. Perhaps because the Weymouth is a whole cut and it gives the illusion of a fuller vamp and/or throat.

All in all, I am quite happy with the purchases and they will go into my rotation shortly.
inlove.gif

That's all for now, enjoy.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, thanks for the pics!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
both look very sweet. i love the weymouth.

you can add an antique subtle look to the drummond yourself with a little know how. it is not too hard at all.

anyways i am glad the 12 -12.25 inches length is good fitting for you.

vass 43 is tad slight less than 12 in length. also a very similar shape in the elongated shoebox category.

nice shoes to add to a collection.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That was very helpful. I also have the Drummond in 8.5E UK and it really a perfect fit, but I haven't been sure what my size would be in the 337. Now I know.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the 348 last fit larger than the 337 last as well? I wear size UK8.5E on the 337 last (wearing my Weymouths today, in fact), and my left foot slides forward very slightly in the shoe. I was hoping that the 348 would be slightly snugger than the 337.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for this. I've been considering the Clifford in tan, but now I see that the Drummond in beechnut is definitely another option for me to consider. I like that it's a little sleeker with less brogueing.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Does the 348 last fit larger than the 337 last as well? I wear size UK8.5E on the 337 last (wearing my Weymouths today, in fact), and my left foot slides forward very slightly in the shoe. I was hoping that the 348 would be slightly snugger than the 337.

The OP can offer his experience, but mine is that the 348 fits a little smaller than the 337, at least from the balls of the feet forward. I think if you look closely at the pics, you can see why--the 348 starts to taper on the outside edge a little earlier, and tapers more, than the 337, which is a little fuller through the balls of the feet and the toebox.

jsherman02

Reaction score
I had both as well. Neither fit me at all. Weymouth too wide, where as the Drummond was too narrow.

Omega Man

Reaction score
I agree with grimslade and jsherman02. Drummond fits narrower than the Weymouth.

JCM

Reaction score
FWIW, just got the 348 Lowndes in 10.5 - it fits smaller than the 337 in 10.5, which is cool for me, since the 337 in 10.5 is slightly large on me (but the 10 is just the smallest bit too tight). Overall, I'd say the 348 is the best-fitting shoe I own.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice pics - thanks

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JCM
FWIW, just got the 348 Lowndes in 10.5 - it fits smaller than the 337 in 10.5, which is cool for me, since the 337 in 10.5 is slightly large on me (but the 10 is just the smallest bit too tight). Overall, I'd say the 348 is the best-fitting shoe I own.

What is your US size? 11D or 11.5D?

JCM

Reaction score
I'm a loose 11.5D US in AE - 11 is just a bit tight, so I prefer loose to tight. 337 in 10.5E UK is a similar fit - a bit loose, but preferable to too tight. 348 in 10.5E UK is snug, but not too tight. So the 348 is definitely a bit smaller, but ideal for me.

Originally Posted by mr monty
What is your US size? 11D or 11.5D?

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the Drummond, thanks for the comparison. These are my favorite two lasts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads