• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J Truro

JCM

Reaction score
Does anyone own these? I've had my eye on them for awhile, but can't find other photos and a SF search came up empty. Any thoughts just as a casual shoe for jeans?

CJTruroBrownXL.jpg

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMGGGGGG! just pick something up at aldo and save yourself $500

JCM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
OMGGGGGG! just pick something up at aldo and save yourself $500

If it helps, they're on sale for $250...

Just checked out Aldo, but looks like all their casual shoes are square-toe monsters. I've bought Ecco etc. in the past for casual wear, but they don't seem to last long before getting uncomfortable - thought these C&Js might hold up like the rest of the line, but can't find anything online or on SF.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$250 for a pair of sneakers still seems a bit much, especially since it looks so generic (and not in a good way, imo). it really reminds me of something from target, wallmart, skechers, or payless shoes. i personally wouldn't buy sneakers from a dress shoe brand, i'd feel like i was in it just for the brand name.

Josef Seibel

Reaction score
i think the truro is a discontinued model - the shoe appeared 2005 for the last time in their retail catalogue. dk brown antique nubuck, latex rubber sole, last 238.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to a TODS outlet and pick up a similar pair, (or even Hogan's) for $100

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JCM
Just checked out Aldo, but looks like all their casual shoes are square-toe monsters.

The toe is the least of your worries with shoes like that.
alien.gif

Originally Posted by earthdragon
Go to a TODS outlet and pick up a similar pair, (or even Hogan's) for $100

+1. They'll actually look nice too.

Originally Posted by Josef Seibel
i think the truro is a discontinued model

Thank God.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads