• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J Sizing Query

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
For X-Mas I will by picking up 2 pairs of boots. (1) a suede Tetbury and (2) a chestnut burnished Chelsea (in the 238 last). I wear a 9D in AE (generally) and just got the Polo Bentons from GVH in 9D. The Bentons fit quite snug, but are wearable. I have read many threads about 337 sizing and am figuring UK8E is my best bet. Should I pick up the Chelseas in UK8E as well? Anyone own both the Tetburys and the Chelseas and have a direct comparison?

Any comments are appreciated. Otherwise I suppose I'll do UK8E in both.

TIA.

Mike

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience the 337 fits snug, perhaps half a size up some times is needed, however it is usually true to size.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill
In my experience the 337 fits snug, perhaps half a size up some times is needed, however it is usually true to size.

Note that the OP is in the United States, I am not sure the 1/2 size up advice works in this instance.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LesterSnodgrass
For X-Mas I will by picking up 2 pairs of boots. (1) a suede Tetbury and (2) a chestnut burnished Chelsea (in the 238 last). I wear a 9D in AE (generally) and just got the Polo Bentons from GVH in 9D. The Bentons fit quite snug, but are wearable. I have read many threads about 337 sizing and am figuring UK8E is my best bet. Should I pick up the Chelseas in UK8E as well? Anyone own both the Tetburys and the Chelseas and have a direct comparison?

Any comments are appreciated. Otherwise I suppose I'll do UK8E in both.

TIA.

Mike

For what it's worth, I usually wear a US 8. I own the Bentons in a US 8. I also own a pair of CJ shoes on the 348 last (like the Tetbury) in a 7UK and they are comparable in fit to the Bentons in a US 8. I would guess that the UK 8 will fit, but, you say that the Bentons in a 9 are "quite snug" but wearable. If you think that a 9.5 US in the Bentons would have been a better fit than the 9 US, maybe you will need an 8.5 UK in the 348. Why not ask for the measurements of the sole of both a UK 8 and UK 8.5 and compare to the Bentons you own and then make a decision? Good luck.

Haemus

Reaction score
Wouldn't like to contribute unnecessarily to confusion, but in my experience UK size=US size+1/2. That is for sure for last 348 (Tetbury). Cannot elaborate on 337 though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads