• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J sizes, a beginners question

Ernst the drone

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post on the style forum, sorry if I've put it in the wrong forum or something like that. My written English is not the best, hopefully you can understand me anyway.

I wonder about Crockett & Jones sizes. I have two pairs of C & J. First, a pair of cordovan Bradford (Last 341) and also a pair of suede Chiltern (Last 224). The Bradford has size 8.5 (UK) and is too big if I only have regular socks, but fits well with a pair of thicker socks over the regular pair, or with an insole. Chiltern is in size 8, and feels a little too tight when I have thicker socks, but works well with ordinary socks.

With this in mind. What size do you think I should have, if I should buy Draycott (Fitting G, Last 317)?

Thanks!

Reaction score
What are the widths of the shoes you have?

Ernst the drone

Reaction score
Both Bradford and Chiltern are E's, but I have F-widths on my Church's and Loake-shoes.

Gerry

Reaction score
I think a size 8 as the 317 last is narrower than the 341(do not know about the 224) and once the Chiltern feels ok in the length. Even someting in an 8F might fit well, I take a width size E(just about) in C&J and find a G fitting to be very wide.

Hi all,

This is my first post on the style forum, sorry if I've put it in the wrong forum or something like that. My written English is not the best, hopefully you can understand me anyway.

I wonder about Crockett & Jones sizes. I have two pairs of C & J. First, a pair of cordovan Bradford (Last 341) and also a pair of suede Chiltern (Last 224). The Bradford has size 8.5 (UK) and is too big if I only have regular socks, but fits well with a pair of thicker socks over the regular pair, or with an insole. Chiltern is in size 8, and feels a little too tight when I have thicker socks, but works well with ordinary socks.

With this in mind. What size do you think I should have, if I should buy Draycott (Fitting G, Last 317)?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ernst the drone

Reaction score
Sorry if i dont follow, but what you say is that the the 317 last, markt as a G-fit, is more narrow in a size 8 then the 341 last, markt as a E-fit, is in a size 8,5?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads