1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

C&J shell cordovan?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by wpeters, Jun 16, 2006.

1. kronik

kronik Senior member

Roddy Piper is the man.

2. j

j Senior member Admin

Roddy Piper is the man.
    Yeah, but that's actually a picture of me during my John Carpenter phase. I was heavy into synths at the time too.

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I almost picked up a pair of the top buckle boots, but the soles seem way too thick, and you will almost never be showing off the buckles, nor do they serve a real purpose. I still think they're cool, but I'm convincing myself I don't need them.

I have them. They look like they mean business. Seriously [​IMG]
    DEFINITELY size down half size though.

4. wpeters

wpeters Senior member

I have them. They look like they mean business. Seriously [​IMG]
    DEFINITELY size down half size though.

I have them as well, and echo the sizing down advice. They shine up nicely. The soles are very thick.

5. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I have them as well, and echo the sizing down advice. They shine up nicely. The soles are very thick.

Mine don't shine well at all but it does not mattyer, adds to their character. And I did not shine down which resulted in a lot of breaking-in pain for me.

6. wpeters

wpeters Senior member

Mine don't shine well at all but it does not mattyer, adds to their character.

Mine needed a substantial dose of leather moisutrizer prior to shining. I was extremely surprised at how quickly the boots soaked it up.

7. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Mine needed a substantial dose of leather moisutrizer prior to shining. I was extremely surprised at how quickly the boots soaked it up.

Err... my situation was a wee bit more complicated; I ended up treating them as I used to break-in my army boots because they were killing me. See here http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=570

8. wpeters

wpeters Senior member

That treatment is no joke.

9. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

That treatment is no joke.

HEHE, I can now wear them. Worked like a charm. But that contributed to the difficulty in shining.