• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&j seymours came in the mail

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to AJL for sending me the Seymours. Although they were too tight for his feet, they are a perfect fit for mine.

The finish is wonderful. AJL correctly described it as an "antiqued red mahogany." I don't know what color cream or polish to use for this. I would go with neutral, but whenever I use neutral polish it seems to slightly desaturate the appearance of the color.

They definitely fit just like my Audleys do.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man .. thats sweet looking foot wear.

I need to get some C & J or E.G. but I wanna try on those shoes before I order them online and I cannot seem to find any retailers in T.O. ..

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are awesome indeed.

I went ahead and gave them a very very very light coat of Kiwi "cordovan"-colored wax polish. I think I'll go back and put on a coat of neutral after all, because this color is wonderful and I don't want to lose it.

If I ever need to rejuvinate the color, I suppose I can mix some burgundy and brown shoe cream together.

I'm going to try and see if I can't get some toe taps put onto them. I'm already burning down the toes of my Audleys.

A note about shoes like these: They're definitely high-maintenance and require a lot of care. These aren't like my $75 rubber-soled Rockports that I can wear in the rain, throw in the shoe closet and forget about them. I can't stand the thought of letting a local cobbler handle any repairs to my Handgrades, because most likely what they'll end up doing is giving them a thick layer of wax, shaving off the leather soles and gluing rubber ones on. (I've had this happened to a pair of RUBBER-SOLED shoes. Argh) Even the more competent ones have probably never dealt with channeled-sole shoes before. I'm definitely going to pick up some cheaper back-up shoes (probably Allen Edmonds, those things are bulletproof and easily repaired.)

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are awesome indeed.

I went ahead and gave them a very very very light coat of Kiwi "cordovan"-colored wax polish. I think I'll go back and put on a coat of neutral after all, because this color is wonderful and I don't want to lose it.

Interesting.  I've had mine for about 3 weeks but haven't worn them yet because I haven't decided what kind of shoe care products to use.  Earlier today I bought some Meltonian cream in a "sandalwood" color as recommended by the shoe guy in my building.  After reading some of the responses in my cream vs. polish thread, I may go with a neutral shoe cream and Kiwi brown polish.  The cordovan didn't really affect the color of your shoes, did it?

I'm going to try and see if I can't get some toe taps put onto them. I'm already burning down the toes of my Audleys.

The shoe guy also recommended a rubber guard for the soles which made me question his judgement.  I think that would throw off the design and balance of the shoes.  At this point, I think I'd rather spend the money having C&J recraft the shoes when necessary rather than tack a bunch of rubber onto the shoes.

Regards,

dan

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man .. thats sweet looking foot wear.

I need to get some C & J or E.G.  but I wanna try on those shoes before I order them online and I cannot seem to find any retailers in T.O. ..
I understand Plal lets you return the first pair free of charge if they don't fit right.

My suggestion is to measure your feet with a Brannock Device. That's the best way to figure out your UK equivalent. If your Brannock Device does that for you automatically, well, more power to you.

The C&J's fit me quite well. Of course, I have somewhat standard feet with no arch problems or anything. Your Results May Vary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads