• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C & j seymour

HitMan009

Reaction score
Everyone,

I contacted Plal.com about getting the C & J Seymour(double monk strap). Since this is not one of C & J's in stock shoe models, Mr. Shyam Doshi informed me that in order for him to obtain the Seymour, he has to order at least 12 pairs from C & J. Now, if we can get a group of 12 shoe loving forum members to order this model...... I think we can all work it to our advantage.

Thanks
-HitMan009

sirgarnetwolseley

Reaction score
Sadly, I am behind the Style Forum curve and am only now ordering my Weymouths (in the Eastern market mid-brown). I'd only be interested in the seymours if they came in brown.

dorian

Reaction score
mmmm....... seymour...butts. Right, anyway... I too would love a pair. However, if it takes a 12-person group to order, I somehow doubt the luck and logistics gods will smile upon us. (....And now for something completely different.... and in the wrong thread - kalra was not mittal... he was an absolutely useless and brainless bit of life, which I am surprised has made its way into the communicating years of its pointless existence. --Good Lord, I am hoping he is somehow reading this. Apologies to J and Steve for this little outburst, but many thanks for kalra's expulsion. Back to nursing my hangover and attending to work
biggrin.gif
)

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
I couldn't find a picture of the Seymour on line, but I will go home and look in my old C&J catalogue.

If it comes in brown, and the last is right, you can count me in.....(Still quite a distance from 12 pair, though)

Bic

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kalra was expelled? When did this happen? What about Ernest?

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
seymour.jpg
Looks like it's only available in black. It's on the ultra-awesome 337 last, though.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's only available in black.
It's been eBay'ed in brown, though, so C&J must produce the occasional pair in that color. Can't hurt to e-mail and ask.
cj2.jpg
See? I knew I wasn't imagining things...

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My only wish is for someone, out there, to make a pair of brown monk straps with nickel buckles instead of brass.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks like it's only available in black.
Barney's had them in both black and brown. Since C&J doesn't stock the shoes, any order would be specially made up, which means that you could have them made in any color (and, presumably, with nickel buckles instead of brass). Of course, you would have to convince 11 others about your color choices.

HitMan009

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, gentlemen. If this works out, we can ask Mr. Shyam Doshi if C & J can do all these wonderful ideas people are proposing.

-HitMan009

naturlaut

Reaction score
Wow, the brown is nice. Are the buckles sewn on or on elastic bands? Also, does it have a full sock lining?

HitMan009

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just trying to keep this post alive for people who may want to do a special order with Plal. Hopefully, the Barney's sale will have the Seymour in my size. 7.5 if anyone knows where I can get a pair. Does anyone knows does these special orders work as in if we do get 12 lucky members to order, must be be the same color all around or can we mix and match colors and buckles?

-HitMan009

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wow, the brown is nice. Are the buckles sewn on or on elastic bands? Also, does it have a full sock lining?
I'm not sure about this particular model, but the C&J Handgrade monkstrap that I have has elastic bands. All the C&J Handgrade shoes that I've seen also have full sock linings, although I would imagine that that's configurable depending on what the retailer wants.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone knows does these special orders work as in if we do get 12 lucky members to order, must be be the same color all around or can we mix and match colors and buckles?
By all means enquire further with P. Lal or with Crockett & Jones, but the reason that C&J has the 12 shoe minimum is that it allows them to make production more efficient. They can't do that if each of the 12 pairs has different characteristics.

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
I'll add another shameless bump to say that I am still interested in the Seymour in brown...Don't really have a buckle preference.

Bic

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads