• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

C&J Pembroke vs Exmoor

claes500

Reaction score
I am torn between Crockett & Jones´ Pembroke and Exmoor.

What I need is a solid shoe for when it is raining or snow here in Stockholm. Dainite soles are therefor a necessity.
I already have the C&J Coniston which is in tan scotch grain which is the same color as the Pembroke so the reason why I thought I would go with Exmoor is that it is a different color.

So which one would you go for?

Hannes

Reaction score
Exmoor if you like your shoes a bit sleeker, Pembroke if you want something that is a little more roomy and robust. Personligen föredrar jag Exmoor.

claes500

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hannes
Exmoor if you like your shoes a bit sleeker, Pembroke if you want something that is a little more roomy and robust. Personligen föredrar jag Exmoor.
Thank you Hannes for your input, I am leaning towards the Exmoor aswell but the Pembroke seems more timeless than the sleeker Exmoor so i'm still hesitant.. What I think would be ideal is the Ralph Lauren Darlton which is based on the Pembroke but has cordovan leather.. problem is that this model is hard to find in Sweden.
Originally Posted by breideux
Consider these: http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...electedFitID=0 Bra kvalitet.
Thanks Breideux, those looked good but i'm not sold on the split-toe i'm afraid

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a side note....Last 348 with a thicker sole (in this case, rubber) certainly looks much better than with regular leather sole...

Trifon

Reaction score
I am also interested in Pembroke. I wear size 8 E on the 348 last and I wonder what size I should go for. Pembroke is made on 325 E and 317 G lasts. Why is one shoe model made on two different lasts and widths, I am little confused. Should I take the E (325) or G (317) fitting based on my 348 size? Thanks!

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a Crockett & Jones man myself, and given what you said about already having a shoe in tan scotch grain leather, I'd go for the Exmoor. Plus I really, really like last 348.
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
On a side note....Last 348 with a thicker sole (in this case, rubber) certainly looks much better than with regular leather sole...
Agreed.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.