1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

C&J lasts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kaplan, Oct 7, 2008.

1. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Hey guys,

I'm going to order the Audleys in dark brown soon, and I just want to get your opinion on sizing.

I own a pair of Pembrokes (325 last) in 8E UK, and they fit well. Should I go 8E UK for the 337-lasted Audleys?

For comparison, I'm a well-fitting 9D in the Allen Edmonds Strand (5 last) and although I own the AE Lombard in 9D and it fits fine (I'd rather have snug- than loose-fitting shoes), a 9E would probably fit too (I have a high instep).

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

The 337 feels true-to-size. 348 and 358 are a bit narrow. 325 a little loose I have the Darltons (325 last) in US12 which fit a little wide in the toe but they are wearable and have no heel slippage. I have the Hallam (348 last) in size 12D and they happen to be narrow in the toe. After a day of wear The small toes are red and my heel is all red. Ideally, I need the 348/358 last in a wide fitting or size up a half size. IME, the 337 fits tts.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  3. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

4. b1os

b1os Senior member

So.. if the Edgware (last 348, E) fits me quite well in 10.5, the Northcote boot (also 348 E) should fit equally well in 10.5, shouldn't it?

5. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

+1.

In my experience, last 348 is narrower than most North America Medium or D width.

6. Claus

Claus Senior member

Yes, although that may need some qualification:
    • There may be slightly variations due to the last maker, the leather being used, or the manufacturing process.
    • People make mistakes, sometimes. For instance, it's possible to get a mislabeled pair.
    • New shoes may feel differently to used ones, even if it's the same fitting.

The risks, however, are low.

7. JohnAndrew

JohnAndrew Well-Known Member

I'm looking at a pair of boots last 359, anyone have any comments on this last?

8. SailorS15

SailorS15 Active Member

If you're wearing anything Tom Ford, I'm right beh
    Hey guys long time lurker, absorbing as much as I can.
    i'd like y'all advice for a younger guy looking to finally move up from what feels like payless to respectable footwear. Being on a budget I can't afford too many mistakes. I'm thinking about acquiring 3 pairs that I can use to work/jeans/black tie. The 337 last seems to be the most modern classic, and may play well for my 10D size. I should size down to 9 if I read everything right..
    The question is if you had 1k, can you find a nice brown derby(casual shoe) , black balmoral, and a chelsea. Worse case scenario you had to pick three to get you through 10 years, which models would you choose?

Any and all help GREATLY appreciated = )

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

these look so good new.

10. njaflo

njaflo Member

please more picture with 359 last, what lenght this last with 348 or 236,325 last in same size?

11. MikkelM

MikkelM Active Member

Which last is the widest in the toe box.
    My little toes gets squashed in the 325 :(

12. theundeadkennedy

theundeadkennedy Senior member

I'm also hoping to find out about this. I have the Skyes in UK 9E and am looking at a pair of boots on the 325 and am wondering if the fit is similar. Thank for any info!

13. theundeadkennedy

14. theundeadkennedy

335 last compared to 325 last? Go

15. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Anyone have any experience with the 359 last? How is the fit compared to Alden's barrie last?

16. njaflo

njaflo Member

359 like a 348 last, but front piece have cycle form

17. mockingboy

mockingboy Senior member

Anyone know what the 359 last looks like compared to 325 or 337? Also how does it size?