Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

C&J last 348 vs. 337 Doubt in sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by maltess, May 5, 2010.

1. maltess

maltess Senior member

Hello to everybody, I have received my first pair of C&J, tetbuty boot suede in last 348. I am usually UK7, sometimes. 6.5 , I have narrow feet. I ordered UK7 and it felt great on the firs try, now I see they feel a bit loose in the heel, so I am wondering if I should change for 6.5.

I went to a store, the only one here with C&J, and they did not have any 348, thay have the 337 and the 6.5 was small for me, so I dont really know what to do, next time I order shoes by the mail. I will get two sizes and then send one back after triying.

I have been reading that the 337 is a bit bigger than the 348, I am afraid if I change to 6.5 is going to be too tight. Any opinions about the way to go?

thans a lot for your help

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

337 runs a bit longer, however, boots tend to be more cramping than regular oxford shoes so i would err on the looser end with boots than with oxfords/monks/loafers

3. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

The tetbury runs longer than other 348s. My other 348s fit snug while I have to lace the tetbury well ot not have my heel slip. I've learned to live with the difference.

4. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

suede tetburys wear larger than sized. i had to go .5 down. i have another pair of 348 (calf lowndes) that fit snug

5. maltess

maltess Senior member

The tetbury runs longer than other 348s. My other 348s fit snug while I have to lace the tetbury well ot not have my heel slip. I've learned to live with the difference.

Tha´s the main problem, the heel slips, and I heard than suede tends to strecth more than calf, is that true? so it could be aproblem in the future.

Thanks for your help

6. Walter4

Walter4 Well-Known Member

If you can size down, do it. The Tetbury does run big, I sent my first pair back and am very happy with my smaller pair.

7. bullethead

bullethead Senior member

I have several pairs of 337 and 348's and the 348's are all a half size down.

8. JonnyNickels

JonnyNickels Well-Known Member

I have a pair of Audleys on the 337. I am a 10.5 D US (AE Park Ave) and took a 9.5 E on the 337. Length/Forefoot fit wise they are perfect, but like alot of other English shoes, they are roomy in the heel area. If you have really narrow feet, I would try 1.5 sizes down as C&J don't do D width OTR (Bummer). At some point you may have to face the facts and go with a more traditional last...if you want to stay w/C&J that is. Also, C&J may just not be the fit for you.

Best of luck.