C&J + J.Crew

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by justsayno, Sep 13, 2010.

1. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

In the Spetember 2010 issue of the esteemed publication - Esquire Magazine, C&J will partner with J.Crew to launch brogues in the fall, starting in the Madison Ave. shop. They are priced at $575.

2. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

If these are made to C&J bench grade level, then $575 is really rich. They'd have to be heavily discounted to bring them down to pediwear's everyday price.

3. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King Senior member

If these are made to C&J bench grade level, then $575 is really rich. They'd have to be heavily discounted to bring them down to pediwear's everyday price.

$575 is the retail price of bench grade C&J's in the United States. Paul Stuart has them in their store for $600+

4. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

interesting collaboration. I wonder how this will be received by the typical J crew shopper.

-LR

5. thinman

thinman Senior member

As usual, most SF members will wait for the sale. The markup seems no worse than Ben Silver's markup on C&J. I personally welcome another source of C&J shoes (written as I wait for the sale).

6. pitboss12

pitboss12 Senior member

From what I've read on SF, J.Crew doesn't put the high-end items on sale. According to some posts on the SWD side, J.Crew will routinely remove high-end items or exclude them in the fine print whenever there is a good online coupon.

7. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

Jcrew is no "worse" or "better" than Brooks Brothers, which has had CJs for years.

8. heli0x

heli0x Senior member

Jcrew is no "worse" or "better" than Brooks Brothers, which has had CJs for years.

having only 500 dollar fused suits is no worse?
    at any rate, definitely interested in seeing how the average jcrew consumer reacts, for one C&J shoes on average are neither clunky, nor do they looked like someone has already worn them for a year/left in the dryer for 2 days.

9. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

You mean in terms of putting them on sale? I know that a LOT of SF'ers bought some really nice C&J floating medallion wholecuts that BB put on sale ultra-cheap a year or two ago.

10. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

I also question the assertion that J. Crew's men's clothes are on par with BB mainline. BB's suits, sport coats, shirts, sweaters, and (esp. until recently) shoes blow J. Crew out of the water. J. Crew is a woman's store with a little section for the boyfriend.