1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

C&J Grassmere w/Crepe Sole UK10/US11

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by Spark, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spark

Spark Senior member

Here's an absolutely classic pair of Crockett & Jones Grassmere derby's with a rare factory crepe sole in a UK 10 or a US11. Scotch grain leather uppers on the comfy 325 last, they make an excellent walking shoe that goes great with chinos, jeans, you name it. In wonderful shape: Very little wear on either soles or uppers, always stored with trees, and polished using Saphir products.

Things to note:

- These are more of a chestnut brown than the typical "orangish" color that the standard "tan" color comes in. I think it makes them far more versatile in terms of use.

- The crepe soles are very robust, more on par with a Danite in terms of the welt, and makes them ideal for city walking as they really offer some cush!

- 325 is a country last and runs wide for C&J

-Outsole measurements are heel2toe: 13" ; width at widest of forefoot: 4.5" (they fit the same as other 325s I have but the sole is beefy, hence the longer/wider #s)

- Shoe has been worn less than 4 times in last year. I got a pair of Connistons that have taken their place in the rotation and these have not been getting the love so off they go!

No box, no trees. $220.00 shipped CONUS

Attached Files:

2. laufer

laufer Senior member

Those are nice.

3. Juhuatai

Juhuatai Well-Known Member

what saphir polish color do you use?

4. Juhuatai

Also isn't the Grasmere usually a dainite sole? Why does this one have a crepe one?

5. Spark

Spark Senior member

Thanks for asking: Saphir polish I have used is dark brown.

Regarding the soles, that's a Q for the fine folks in Northampton as that is the way they came. I thought it unusual and a nice alternative to the other Danite-soled shoes I already owned.

6. Juhuatai

Well the thing is, the grasmere normally comes in a dainite sole. So how did you get these in a crepe sole? Are these some sort of seconds?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.