• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

C&J for Ralph Lauren Cordovan Wingtips - Darlton/Marlow 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have for sale a brand new unworn pair of Darloton/Marlow wingtips from Ralph Lauren (8.5). I picked these up last year from a forum member here. They were tried on at home but unfortunately they just don't fit my foot that well. I will post pictures later tonight or tomorrow, but if you are interested let me know.

The price includes PP fees and shipping within the CONUS. Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

LeJouvre

Reaction score
When you say "don't fit" you mean too small right?

You seem to be a US 9 and downsizing a Marlow to 8.5 was too small?

hmmmm strange.

LeJouvre

Reaction score
I know its none of my business, but I have owned a few Marlows. I originally sized down 1/2 size and cursed. These were Dalrtons and i exchnaged them back to my usual TTS. A few months later they were sold on eBay because I started to swim in them.

The next 4 or 5 Marlows have all been 1/2 size smaller, and sure, they are tight as buggery when they are new, but they have all stretched to become really comfortable fitting shoes now.

As I said, none of my business, but I would consider wearing them one or two hours at the end of every day until they stretch properly.

Anyway, great shoes, anyone who buys them will be real happy they did.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i assume these are NOT included in the upcoming 30% off sale for RRL, Black Label, Purple Label, and Blue Label right?

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a copper dialed 356 with acrylic crystal, but don't think I will ever give it up. Great watch.

have always wanted to see the copper dialed 356 out in the wild. seems like it would be a beautiful piece but pictures don't do it justice.

LeJouvre

Reaction score
i assume these are NOT included in the upcoming 30% off sale for RRL, Black Label, Purple Label, and Blue Label right?
Doubt it buddy - I had a real struggle in the last sale and it was made really clear, cordovans do not go on sale at RL except in error. - which does not mean you should not try to talk a RL SA into selling one pair to you at a discount, it just means they won't sell them on sale as a policy.

Why be afraid to ask for a discount? The worst that can happen is they could laugh at you, who cares, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%