1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

C&J Chelsea Sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Parker, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Parker

Parker Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Apologies if this has been covered before. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the sizing for the C&J Chelsea boot on the 238 last, before I make an online purchase. For reference, I take a US 9 (42) in Mantellassi, US 9 in Santoni. I have a pair of Polo chelsea boots (made in Italy, not C&J) that are US 9.5 and they are a tad snug. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

2. ballines

ballines Well-Known Member

if you're looking at a C&J chelsea with the interesting treads on the bottom, i have it in 9.5d (and i have a rlpl eg monkstrap in 9.5d and an alden in 9.5d) - it fits me very well and is extremely comfortable. don't know if that helps.

3. Parker

Parker Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I think your boot (with the dainite? sole) is on a slightly different last albeit probably very similar. I was thinking about that one also as I do a lot of city walking. Thanks for input. At least the US size seems to track with Alden and Ralph so I'll have a bit of reference.

4. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Distinguished Member

The 238 is long and narrow from my experience. If you need a try-on, I suggest heading down to your nearest BB. They carry a few models on the 238 (I own the black monks fwiw).

5. ballines

ballines Well-Known Member

not dainite, leather sole but with little rubber bumps and a ring of traction. Now that I look at the catalog on Plal, it looks like the Grafton (last 342) so still not the same last (but looks similar)