• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

C&J Chelsea Sizing

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered before. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the sizing for the C&J Chelsea boot on the 238 last, before I make an online purchase. For reference, I take a US 9 (42) in Mantellassi, US 9 in Santoni. I have a pair of Polo chelsea boots (made in Italy, not C&J) that are US 9.5 and they are a tad snug. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

ballines

Reaction score
if you're looking at a C&J chelsea with the interesting treads on the bottom, i have it in 9.5d (and i have a rlpl eg monkstrap in 9.5d and an alden in 9.5d) - it fits me very well and is extremely comfortable. don't know if that helps.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think your boot (with the dainite? sole) is on a slightly different last albeit probably very similar. I was thinking about that one also as I do a lot of city walking. Thanks for input. At least the US size seems to track with Alden and Ralph so I'll have a bit of reference.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 238 is long and narrow from my experience. If you need a try-on, I suggest heading down to your nearest BB. They carry a few models on the 238 (I own the black monks fwiw).

ballines

Reaction score
not dainite, leather sole but with little rubber bumps and a ring of traction. Now that I look at the catalog on Plal, it looks like the Grafton (last 342) so still not the same last (but looks similar)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.