C&J Chelsea - question for owners

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JCM, Apr 3, 2006.

1. JCM

JCM Senior member

I just received a pair of Audley and Chelsea from P.Lal and am having a bit of trouble with the fit:

I wear a US 11.5D which tends to be slightly large - my ideal size would be 11.25 US - both of the C&J pairs are size 10.5E UK. While the Audley fits a bit on the large side (but this is OK, as a size 10 is too small), the Chelsea is tight - again, both shoes are marked the same size (10.5E UK). Can anyone with the Chelsea let me know about the initial fit and if it loosened with wear, or if I need to exchange the Chelsea for a larger size?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

2. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

I just received a pair of Audley and Chelsea from P.Lal and am having a bit of trouble with the fit:

I wear a US 11.5D which tends to be slightly large - my ideal size would be 11.25 US - both of the C&J pairs are size 10.5E UK. While the Audley fits a bit on the large side (but this is OK, as a size 10 is too small), the Chelsea is tight - again, both shoes are marked the same size (10.5E UK). Can anyone with the Chelsea let me know about the initial fit and if it loosened with wear, or if I need to exchange the Chelsea for a larger size?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

The Audley is on the 337. Which last is the Chelsea on? 238?

3. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Yes the Chelsea is on the 238. It does loosen up. As long as it's not painful or really uncomfortable, deal with them for a few wearings.

4. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

I take the same size in both the 337 and the 238. The Chelsea does indeed loosen up... don't think I could go down a half size.

5. Torque

Torque Member

Yes, the Chelsea definitely loosen up a bit. They were very tight the first two, three wearings, now they fit perfectly.