• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J Belgrave fit help?

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im looking to buy my first pair of C&J's and am going to go with the Belgraves in the chestnut antique calf. Before i ordered them i wanted to get your opinions on fit for this particular last or just C&J in general. I take a US 9.5 in EG 888 last and most other shoes if that helps. I probably wont know for sure until after i order them and they arrive but figured id give it a shot. Thanks

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assuming that wear a UK 9.5 in the 888, a UK 9 in the 337 would fit best. At least it does for me.

CaptChaos

Reaction score
I have that exact shoe. It is on the 337 last which is fairly long so I suggest you go down a full size from your US size. So if you wear a 10US a UK9 is probably the right size.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scnupe7
Assuming that wear a UK 9.5 in the 888, a UK 9 in the 337 would fit best. At least it does for me.

Sorry i forgot to specify, my EG's are UK 9/US 9.5 but my foot is just a tad wide after the arch so by your recomendations i should probably go down only a 1/2 size (UK 8.5/US 9) and not a full size. Are they much narrower then the 888 around the arch? my EG's dont bite and they are quit a narrow last, i just want to make sure the 337 isnt too narrow. I guess i can always return them for a UK 9 if they are too tight. Thanks

Pundit

Reaction score
I have this exact shoe and while I cannot size it relative to EG, I fit into 8.5 E very well and am otherwise an 9.5 D in AE.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pundit
I have this exact shoe and while I cannot size it relative to EG, I fit into 8.5 E very well and am otherwise an 9.5 D in AE.

So assuming your AE 9.5D is U.S. then you are going 1/2 size down since your UK 8.5E would be a U.S 9D correct?

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
Sorry i forgot to specify, my EG's are UK 9/US 9.5 but my foot is just a tad wide after the arch so by your recomendations i should probably go down only a 1/2 size (UK 8.5/US 9) and not a full size. Are they much narrower then the 888 around the arch? my EG's dont bite and they are quit a narrow last, i just want to make sure the 337 isnt too narrow. I guess i can always return them for a UK 9 if they are too tight. Thanks

I am a US 10. I wear a UK 9.5 in the 888 and a UK 9 in the 337. I drop one full size from my US size (10) and the 337 still fits wider.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads