• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J Audley Handgrade: Change the colour > dark

Kapsalii

Reaction score
I know that applying show cream will not change anything. Mine are in a tobacco/burnished whatever and many shades too bright.

Has anyone ever had their C&Js re-dyed at the factory? Experiences?

Chowkin

Reaction score
You can darken the colour of your shoes by using black or navy shoe creams as they contain dyes. It’s not as quick and dramatic as using dyes but you can develop your own patina gradually

Kapsalii

Reaction score
You can darken the colour of your shoes by using black or navy shoe creams as they contain dyes. It’s not as quick and dramatic as using dyes but you can develop your own patina gradually
Hint: re-read my initial post.

Chowkin

Reaction score
Your initial post states that applying shoe cream will Not change anything. I beg to differ as I have darkened my shoes using navy cream

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads