• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J 363 last - new?

nbmplano

Reaction score
Originally Posted by theyare
Anyone know anything about it or have anything on it? Looks like the sleeker, round toe last they have been missing.

Can't tell you anything about the last, but it does look nice...

lonsdale-bl-top.jpg

lonsdale-bl-side.jpg

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like that shape a lot.

nbmplano

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
What model is that ?
It is called the Lonsdale. It may be a Japanese release, but it is from the handgrade line. It appears to be very similar if not exactly the Audley on a different last. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

HHD

Reaction score
That last looks quite similar to form of my C&J Melcombe.

I bought a pair in one of the Paris boutiques during the sales, but I haven't been able to find any details on the model. The Melcombe is handgrade and pretty much the Belgravia but on a last with a rounder toe. Mine were subs, ie seconds, but they're practically perfect and a lovely deep chestnut colour. Very comfortable.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the 360. I bet it's a bit pointy on the foot.

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Looks like the 360. I bet it's a pointy on the foot.
+1 The 358 (updated 348) and 360 are C+J Paris lasts that they started doing in the UK last year.
item1j.jpeg

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a 363 listed on the UK site...

item1-117.jpeg

economiayocio

Reaction score
Hello to all.

I think that a can put some light into this. I am from Spain, and here they sell the new Londsdale handgrade model. It is indeed as the clasic Audley, but in this new last, that is more round.

It even appears in the new catalogue 2010-2011, as you can see in this picures.

5052031598_b2f8ca3e7c.jpg

5052038784_ef4d5a1184_z.jpg

I have tried it, and it looks really good. It seems more like an EG last.

I bought the Melcombe. It is like the Belgrave in Beachnut (handgrade also) in the same new 363 last. It is really amazing. It was ordered specially from the spanish distributor, so it is very special and unique. It does not appear in the catalogues.

I will soon post some comparison in my blog between 337 and 363 in my blog in you are interested. I am sorry it is in Spanish, but in case some of you are interested, I will try to translate it here. The website is http://economiayocio.blogspot.com

Regards.

blakewho

Reaction score
Reminds me a little of the Grenson 107 last, which is one of my favourites in style terms, although it doesn't happen to fit me very well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads